We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lytham st annes...
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Hey

thanks for taking the time to read my post. This is a question for anyone that has stayed there since opening in Dec as not sure what reviews are genuine anymore :(

We are travelling 26th Feb with Thomsons for 3 weeks and i have a few concerns. As we go to chillax for 3 weeks and laze around on the beach i was wondering is the beach over crowded as im concerned with 2 resorts using the same beach as its not th biggest beach around. If it is crowded are there any "quiet" places on the beach. Also are there plenty of loungers as i dont fancy spending 3 weeks getting up at stupid oclock to get a sun lounger. not exactly 5* relaxation ha

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply

Nige

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Yes, there was loungers available to use on the beach and by most pools. I didn't check put the Adult only pool space availability until it was close. Reports are also stating that resort employees are remaining towels left behind or "reserved" after a set amount of time. Which makes sense because there is no towel card given out.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

during the couple weeks since the opening, the Resort been running extreme low occupancy, so not many reviews about overloaded beach space could be up.

by end of february, when you arrive, traditionally the resorts are packed to the maximum, february is in punta cana the top of peak travel months.

keep reading the feedback/reviews of the property which come up from next week on, as their occupancy level will rise day by day then, with more rooms to be finished to host more guests. those reviews sure will mention pos or neg about chairs at pools and beach, as such is always mentioned in the reviews about all hotels.

merry christmas

Mike

lytham st annes...
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Ok great thank you for the advice :)

Merry Christmas

Nige

Medellin, Colombia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

I suspect reviewers haven't mentioned the towel situation due to it being lower on the list of problems with his resort. My first morning here we headed to the pool before 8 and there was not 1 pool chair or beach chair that wasn't reserved. I just wanted something to sit on to supervise my children in the pool. It's been the same every morning, totally packed. I spoke to a woman that said her husband goes in the middle of the night with a flash light. This really is 'All in Luxury' not!! As far as I can tell they only remove towels when they've been soaked by the rain, and we've had the situation where you couldn't get a towel for more than an hour due to them all being soaked! Just don't go if you can avoid it...I wouldn't be back if they gave me a free trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Here at the moment and service is shocking, most definately not 5*. Nowhere near enough loungers even though there is plenty of room for them by the pool. A lot of staff are surly, openly yawning in front of you and extremely slow to acknowledge you are even there. Food is lukewarm and 3* standard. Overbooked and people not getting rooms paid for. Finishes are very poor, lots of room items not working and bathroom sink regularly blasts you with a smell of sewerage, not the best start to your day brushing your teeth then going to breakfast.

Give the place 6 months or so...it is going to need it! We certainly wont be using Thomson again either, useless.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 21:51
lytham st annes...
Level Contributor
122 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

well after weeks and weeks of worry over this resort we have finally made the decision to pay a little extra and go to the Riu Palace Macao. (It was £400 extra for 2 of us for 3 weeks fyi so all is not lost if you have booked the royalton) Not my first choice but I cant be doing with the stress of worrying about a holiday. it should be something to look forward to without any worry or anxiety over. And the reviews on the macao look amazing since they have had a full refurb so it is definitely something to consider but only for couples as adults only.

I honestly hope those who have booked have a great time I just posted this so you know its easily changed if needed. good luck to all :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

Been here over a week and very pleased to say huge improvements daily. It was a huge undertaking opening a resort and expecting it to be perfect just before the christmas rush but they are certainly getting there. Beds are comfy, showers lovely and perfect weather.

8. Re: The Royalton Hotel Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:19