We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forest, VA
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Been at Breathless since the 16th and leaving tomorrow. It has been a wonderful vacation, with a great "E" (entertainment) Team, awesome meals, beautiful beach and pool, and very comfortable rooms. We even were updated to a pool view from tropical and given $200 worth of coupons. Word to the wise....don't let a couple negative reviews downgrade the excellent ones. Oh, and our a/c has been very chilly! Special shout out to E team members Oscar, Mickey Mouse, Pedro and Ergie, MAGNIFICO!! Oh and no need to play the "towel game", I think there are 5 chairs for every guest, both on the beach and at the pool. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Glad you are enjoying your vacay and Breathless has resolved some major issues. You took a chance and you lucked out. Good for ya now go have fun! :D

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

My Mom and Dad are there now. They arrived on the 19th. Has the weather improved?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,899 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Great to hear you had a great time

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

We are so happy we decided to go as well. It was such a great vacation.

I will be writing a review but have been busy since we got back.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Glad to hear you are having a great time.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Resort sounds wonderful, nice to hear since so many on here said the resort was money grubbing and sound not have opened. I do have a question, do the restaurants have beepers like at DPC where you can just go a get a drink. I keep reading about just putting your name in and that not working so good. Is that all restaurants? Do you think that will be a problem when the resort is full? Also, what are the busiest time to have dinner?

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

They did not have beepers like other resorts such as Secrets had. Someone did say they were coming but I can't remember who said it or if it is true. I have a feeling it was a hostess but not sure.

We went at 8:30 or later and only waited a couple of times and nootr then 15 to 20 minutes.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Not more then 15 to 20 mins. Sorry about the gibberish, smart phones sometimes make the user look not so smart.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

Yes, when I read back sometimes what I just wrote I am embarrassed. I haven't booked yet but it sounds like they will have beepers at some point. I think they will be important for the resort to have. Did it seem to be busy around 7:30?

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too bad for those who canceled on Breathless

My Mom and Dad are there now. They are only opening 3 restaurants each night, and the wait times are 1-1.5 hrs, This is at about 8pm.