We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I were to go to Punta Cana

connecticut
Level Contributor
512 posts
Save Topic
If I were to go to Punta Cana

Any advice would be great. What month? Where to stay? We have been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen several times. How does this compare?

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

Book pc mikes tour and mikes fishing tour

Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

I am interested in this as well. Just got back yesterday from our third trip to Akumal, Mexico 2013. We would like some advice on ...best area to stay, which resorts, any experiences from anyone would be appreciated.

We are a couple in our early 50's, like adventure and exploring the area, love swimming and off course snorkeling with a great beach. Would prefer a AI with a great variety of food with healthy choices.

Which area would you suggest to stay in DR? WHY? Punta Cana ?

Thank you for any help.:)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

PC beaches are amazing. Depends what u like... Super calm white sand stay south.. A little more wave action to the north. PDC and Cancun are built up as far as off resort tourist stuff. PC not so much. Went to pdc in April n loved it. Will go back. But pc is still our FAM fav.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

Punta Cana does have the best beaches! BUT....if you crave more off resort activities..maybe not for you. You won't find the bars and night life of Cancun and Playa.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

Its hard to say. From your location, id say jan. To april, for winter escape. The summer time could be fun too.

Some might agree punta cana vacations are about staying in your resort for everything, excluding excursions.

Its not the same like cancun, a good place to go would be barcelo bahia or any big chain resort. These resorts offer 3 or 4 hotels in one huge complex. you would have everything in one place. Huge property with many options is what you want.

There is a new westin hotel thats non all inclusive, but its on a great beach, closer to the airport, and connected to punta cana resort property. Lots of beach dinning options. Would be great with a golf cart. This is a more expensive option, but the freedom of doing it your way cant be beat. Its closer to the cap cana area as well.

6. Re: If I were to go to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 05:16