We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many resorts are there along the coast line?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Topic
How many resorts are there along the coast line?

This link..... tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147293-s202/Punta-Ca…

says "fun vacation destination with white sandy beaches and luxurious all-inclusive resorts (there are about 100 along a 25-mile stretch of beach) and a Caribbean atmosphere, Punta Cana is a great choice."

However, this link.....http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147293-c128149/Punta-Cana:Dominican-Republic:Overview.Of.The.Area.html

says "Punta Cana consists of nearly 50 all-inclusive resorts along a near 30 mile stretch of the most beautiful soft white sandy beaches,"

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

There are a lot. Too many to count.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

There might be too many. I completely understand that.

It was a rhetorical question meant to encourage the Destination Experts to get their heads together and update the links with the same number.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

if counting Resorts(means all Riu's, Iberostars, Palladium, Princess etc hotels counting as one, as they are several Hotels within one resort each) then i would count in my head around 45 resorts from Uvero Alto to Cap Cana. that's not a exact count, just a quick headcount. in that Punta Cana i counted as one resort with the Club Med as a separate counting resort(even on their same grounds), Cap Cana Hotels counted separately.

i did only count the resorts along the beaches, not the numerous Non AI Hotels which are also placed all around(off the beaches for most of them), to add them would rise the number well up.

if counting every single hotel(i will not even try to do so in my head now) then i would expect that we reach very close to the number 100 for hotels in PC.

MIke

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

Good count Mike. We need a "like" button.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

I think Mike's answer explains why there are various numbers: it depends what you count as a resort (one Bahia or five).

Edited: 27 December 2013, 16:53
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

We are talking about "all inclusive resorts" wink..lol....;-) That is what each link is quoting.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

if counting all inclusives only, and as Resorts(not eachhotel of them), then the count would go down a lot of course, as that's a big diference, and PC ha a good amount of hotels/motels which are of course not AI.

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

an other point, when counting available resorts and/or hotels in Punta Cana, why to count only All Inclusives??? as they are the vastamount of available hotels, they are by far not the decider of the area and by very very far not the top of the line to stay at properties.

Mike

boston
Level Contributor
442 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

does this include Mike's own house?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many resorts are there along the coast line?

Any advance on 54 resorts?? This figure includes all AI hotels within a resort IE: Iberostar Grand, Bavaro, Punta cana.

travel-dominicanrepublic.com/images/Punta_Ca…