We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Just did the math and we have 20 more sleeps til we head back to the ME. 3 weeks from today and we will be back 'home'. Already have an idea where we will be having dinner our first night back! Really need the trip this year! And really hoping all goes well and we get to return.

Can hardly wait to see the changes from last year and catch up with some favorite staff members who took great care of us!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

20!!!! Lucky. I'm at 59

Yeah the new lounges and beach section should be pretty sweet.

The new beach is far from Maxima though, so we may not use it too much, haha!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

We used that side of the resort anyway so want to check out the new beach section for sure. And everyone goes on and on about Maxima but let me give a shout out for Clara on 'our' side too! We found her to be every bit as good! She is a sweetheart as well! And now if we can saty on that side and have some beach time too that will be a bonus.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Very true Clara was awesome as well. She was fun and flirty to me, in a harmless way.

I think Desi said they moved the Ella Bar closer to the beach too, but we will have to see. Wife loves Maxima and Rosa though, may be hard to get her to try the new section.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

I think there are alot of stand out servers at the ME Matt and that is what keeps alot of us coming back! And once you get use to one and they get use to you it is hard to switch sides!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Very true. I honestly dont expect to be remembered exceptt by maybe Maxima and Sammy the butler. This will only be trip #2 and it will have been exactly a year ago to the day. Thats a long time to remember someone with the thousands of people that stay there.

I hope Server Fransisco is still there he was awesome!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

I think you will be surprised Matt. Our second trip we were blown away by the servers that remembered us. Last year even the maid we had had the year before remembered us. As well one of the bar tenders even remembered what we drank and had the drinks started before we even got up to the bar to order. So make sure you bgring more tipping money this time cause you will want to reward them more then you did the first time. ;-)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Lol, will do. We both spent many many years in the service industry, so we tip over the top. We like to, and they really deserve it.

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

Good for you!

What do you like about ME?

Have a fantastic trip.

PC

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

My opinion is biased because ME is the only AI we have stayed at in the DR. (others in Mexico)

But I would say foremost, the service is amazing, and we were treated great. The food was better than we expected it to be, the rooms were much much larger than we thought they would be.

Its the perfect size for us, not to big, not too small. 5 min walk from lobby to very clean beach. Price is very fair!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 20 more sleeps to ME # 4!

What we like is the perks we get within the Club Section. We go for R & R and the Club pools are perfect for this. The Bali Beds even have curtains so if you wnat to close them and have a nice quiet nap you can - my friend does this quite often! Sometimes I have felt like I had one of the club pools all to myself!

And as I mentioned before we have received some oputstanding service from the staff at the ME.

As well the ME really looks after their repeat guests and make you feel gald you decied to return.

Each year we look at different resorts but keep saying - 'do they have such and such like at the Me' ... or 'Can we get such and such like we do at the ME'. And we are always afraid we would end up relaly missing these perks at another resort. So for now we are glad we are returnign for trip #4 and for weeks # 7 and 8!