We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saona Island

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Saona Island

What company would you recommend to use to visit Saona Island? We would prefer not to be packed in like sardines on the boat:-)

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saona Island

We very much liked Seavis' tour. Very small groups. Does not use a catamaran, so you get to the various beaches earlier than others.

New York City
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saona Island

Hola.

I'll chime in to offer another enthusiastic recommendation of Seavis' extraordinary tour of Isla Saona, the Piscina Natural, the quaint village and their turtle sanctuary.

Quite a thrilling ride on a comfortable (and fast!) boat to and for an incredible and enjoyable all-day affair complete with a delicious lunch and booze thrown in for good measure! Que bueno!

Enjoy... I certainly did! :-)

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/Welcome_e.htm

flickr.com/photos/…

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
523 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Saona Island

My Vote is with Seavis' as well. I have been on two different tours and Seavis was hands down best. Great guides and not a "rushed" tour.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saona Island

as fact,

if you don't wanna be packed like sardines on a filled up boat and visit a fully packed beach, then Seavis is the only option.

all the rest offers fancy superspeed boats and very fancy supercatamarans, but as fact they are always packed up to the max capacity on every trip, as due their deals with the big touroperators they could not run the day economically without max capacity.

happy holidays

Mike

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saona Island

FlyGuy, your pictures were amazing! Thanks for sharing them :D

murillo
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saona Island

your leaving your resort with a nice beach in front to go see another one... an hour ride each way by bus ... ? ... The Catamaran ride was the best part. Thats all we would do again.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saona Island

Wow! Sometimes it's nice to get off resort. The hour bus ride allowed me to "see" other parts of DR. Meet other people. Visit a turtle farm, visit the mangroves, tour Soana and meet the people living there..have a nice beach BBQ and learn more about DR in general. All the beaches were different and we visited three. Well worth the trip.

New York City
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saona Island

Gracias, laceyblue!

It was my pleasure, believe me ... :-)

Glad you enjoyed them.

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Saona Island

Has anyone used Bayahibe Fishing Centre? They do trips to Saona Island.

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Saona Island

Or El Tour Caribe?