We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mooresville, North...
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

Does anyone have list of the beers available at the Grand Bavaro? We are trying to decide between there and the Grand Paraiso and this is one of the deciding factors on our list. Thanks for any help.

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

I'm very curious, too. When we stayed at the IB Paraiso Grand we drank Bud Light and Miller Lite all week. I NEED a light beer since that's pretty much all I drink.

From what I've read, it's only Presidente by the pool and beach but a few other beers can be found at the lobby bar (Corona, Heinekin).

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

if the beer around the pool and beach is your deciding factor then I'd be going to another resort LOL.

Nothing wrong with trying the Dominican beers, I don't even like beer and yet I can drink their Presidente.

The rooms for sure offer other beers.

Cheers, Debbie

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

I forgot to mention that we'll be there in less than 2 weeks so I can let you know when we get back.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

Here's a pic of the beer menu I took the last time I was there....

…slickpic.com/s/…

Cheers, DeBBie

Stony Plain, Canada
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

I can only speak of the grand in Mexico, they have A LOT of selection of beers, corona, sol, bud light, coors light, Budweiser, dos Equis, and many more I can't think of. My hubby liked that he could get canned beer poolside and not have to drink draft beer. We were just at IGP in November. I miss it so much! Looking to try the rest of the grands and will likely head back to the paraiso too.

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

Yes, the pool bartender at the IGP asked what we wanted him to stock his fridge with. We all chose Miller Lite and had an unlimited amount of cold cans stocked for us. It was pretty awesome. I don't think we're going to have the same option at the IGB. We're still looking forward to going and would take Punta Cana weather anytime over the Mayan.

Mooresville, North...
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

Thanks for the beer menu Debbie. My wife is very picky about her beers and the menu pic was very helpful.

I would love to hear what you think about IGB when you get back. And since you have already been to IGP what the differences are and which you would go back to. We love Mexico but are thinking of trying something different this year with Punta Cana.

Thanks again everyone!!

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

We just got home last night :(. I totally forgot (until now) to check their full selection of beers. However, I drank Presidente Light all week. Of course they had Presidente, but we also noticed people drinking Budweiser, Stella, Heineken, Miller Genuine Draft, Corona, Bohemia, Brahma and Brahma Light. There most definitely could have been others, but those are the ones we saw people drinking. I hope that helps.

wpggirl

Raymore, Missouri
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

we stayed at Iberostar Cancun Mid January 2014, although it was lovely they did not have bud light or any american beers. I was told by email from Iberostar that they served bud light and they even sent me a drink list before we traveled, to my surprise they said they never have served any american beers at this resort. Do not know about any of the Iberostar GRAND hotels though, this was Iberostar Cancun in the hotel zone. We just took a little get away trip for 4 nights and by the time we left to come home I pretty much couldn't stand Mexican beer especially on tap it got warm when sunning and swimming and we even took our own coolies to keep it cold. we can afford to pay more but they could not get it for us. When you pay for a trip, you like things to be the way they were promised but this was not the case. I would suggest calling the resort you want to stay at directly to make sure before you book, with an Email you get an E-concierge at a call center that will tell you what you want to hear and not what you are really asking. Also don't try to call Iberostars 800 number you will get lied to also. I called to check on the beer situation 2 days before we left and was told they had bud light. I was lied to in 2 emails, 1 phone call, and they even sent a drink list which was wrong. Myabe it was from one of the Grand hotels maybe not but nothing I was told was true. The Hotel is beautiful though, We will not be returning because of the beer selection there, Just our personal preferrece, otherwise the rooms are fantastic, we had a beach villa, the service outstanding, Maids, waiters, servers are top notch, just cant drink mexican beer and I have really tried.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,799 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Grand Bavaro beer selection

I'm confused, so your post is about Cancun?