We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

If our group is all adults and one 17 and a half year old, what are the chances of getting to book an all adult or "club" portion of a resort? We aren't looking to book into an adults only resort, but may like rooms on the adult side of certain resorts. Do they check ID's?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

when you book your trip you'll be asked to enter passport information and date of birth... and I hope resorts check LOL

Have a great vacation.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

Like debinatore has said, not sure you could actually book the trip as most of the time you have to enter the DOB which would eliminate the resorts that are for those 18+. In the event that you can book it, however, imagine what a drag it would be to get asked to present her passport and then be refused entry into the resort - just not worth taking the chance.

My recommendation is to book a resort such as Iberostar Bavaro, Majestic Elegance or Colonial, Bahia Esmeralda and have your friends with no kids book the adult-only sister resorts so that you can still meet at up some of the restaurants and the beach.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 17:08
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

We book an adults only section and expect to find exactly that!

And yes Deb is right, they Will check your child's passport! Shutter to think what would happen if you were turned away???

Safe travels,

Sheryl

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

I have actually SEEN a family turned away at check in because they had a 17 year old in their party.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,037 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

Would the 17-year-old be happiest at the adults-only section, or do you think he or she may prefer to be where other teens might be hanging out.....?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
287 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

Honestly, in a resort where there is just an adult only section, she would have access to the part of the resort where other teens are. Would she rather be there with them? No, she wouldn't. You've all answered my question. Thank you!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

We took our 18 and 28 yr old to Ambar (yrs back), thinking they would like to take advantage of the more livelier Bahia sister resorts - Nope...they hung out with us the whole time? Guessing we are the cool Rents! LOL

Edited: 31 December 2013, 00:23
8. Re: I hope I don't get a lot of flack for asking.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:17