We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

Winnipeg, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

Does anyone have any tips/advice dos/don'ts about travelling with an infant to this resort?

What are the cribs like? Is there anything you wish'd you'd known before you got there? Etc.. Anything at all you want to share with me would be great!

We will be there end of January and there will be two infants in our group, a 7.5 month old and an 11 month old.

Thanks!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

We went first time when my daughter was about a year old and they brought in a crib which I think she used during the day some but mainly slept between us in the bed.

What you'll want to do is go out early in the morning and snag yourself one of the large covered beds by the pool. There are a few right beside the Baracuda bar and that is a good central location. They are great for having the babies nap during the day while you can be right there in the pool and at the Baracuda bar as well. + that area is much quieter than closer to the beach. Perfect area for the babies. Even if someone snags one before you I would ask them if you could use (most of time I see people "towel reserve" them and are no where to be found. I would just use anyhow. I think family with babies should get first priority.

Bring a good hat and shirt that the babies can wear in the pool. A float with a canopy would be good as well.

The real trick to babies in DR is keeping them from getting burned in that sun!

Winnipeg, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

Thank you! I have a water floaty with a canopy and hats and swim shirts so I think we are good there! My son will only be 7.5m old when we go...he's pretty used to snoozing in a dark room - or in motion so I'm not sure how I'd get him to nap by the pool- but hey, you never know, I might be able to convince him!? Thanks for the tips!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

With the heat and swimming around the pool all morning our kids would nap by the pool up to about 4-5 years old.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 23:01
Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

Can't speak to the resort directly, but you may want to consider some baby-friendly mosquito repellant and hydrocortisone cream - there is always the possibility of mosquitos in early morning/evening. Maybe even a little spritz around ankles/lower legs if playing in the sand at the beach, as sandflea bites (if any) are extremely itchy!! Not saying as for sure of course, but best to be prepared just in case :)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

Never have seen mosquitos at Dreams - but if there are some around a baby would be the first they would find!

6. Re: Travelling with an infant to Dreams Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:18