We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with all inclusive resort

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
help with all inclusive resort

my husband and i are looking for an all inclusive. we've been to mexico three times and are done.want something new. looking for beautiful beach with beachfront resort,and good food. not picky but want to eat. heard the food could make you sick. we both got upset stomachs the second trip we took to mexico. so when we started feeling the same way on our third trip we started taking antibiotics...it helped a lot. also want a place where topless is allowed like it was in mexico. budget around 3000.00 for week.

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with all inclusive resort

hello; we have been going to punta cana for the last 8 years,..and we never had a Bad vacation ,...food is good and topless is everywheres,...the best prices for us last year and again this year is the vista Sol Resort in punta cana,.....if you like the pool ask for Buikding 10,...its whwre we were last year and our friends are there again this april as you open the your rooms patio door on step on your deck the pool is right there,....we are going again this april 27th for 2 weeks as we did last 5 years,...cheeper for 2 weeks for 2 people for 2 weeks we paid $2.900,00 taxes included but thats from Canada,...check it out you might like what you see

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with all inclusive resort

I'm guessing this budget includes your airfare? What month are you thinking of going, as this will effect the price.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,429 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with all inclusive resort

Yes, time of travel does affect price, of course. You might start by going to Applevacations.com and putting in your dates. You can go through their whole process, comparing resorts, getting price which includes not only airfare but ground transport and all taxes and fees.

This doesn't mean you have to book with Apple, it's just one way to easily make some comparisons.

I cannot imagine why you would take antibiotics if not necessary. Or did you mean probiotics, like yogurt?

Any change in diet can affect one's tummy, I know traveling to California can do it for many of us from other states.

Otherwise, PC is much like Mexico in that you want to stick to bottled water, food on the resort will be fine, but be careful if eating anything off resort, use the usual cautions. And remember that many tummy troubles are actually caused by imbibing more alcohol, being in the sun, keeping different wake/sleep hours, and systems upset by travel.

I've been to both places many times each, and enjoy them both, but since we choose to get our beach fix in January, it's definitely PC for us, it's too often too cold in Mexico (Cancun/RivMaya areas) to enjoy the pools at all.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with all inclusive resort

I just returned from the DR we stayed at the IFA. Overall awesome trip you cannot beat the beach and topless seemed to fly in the resort as well. Oh and one nice thing about this resort was the disco that was open and included until 3 am and it was super close to the airport.

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with all inclusive resort

yes it does,..we usually travel in april,..as the weather is better when you get back home

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help with all inclusive resort

thank you for the replies. we are looking to go the first two weeks in june. we heard the best beachfront is barcelo resorts. anybody have a comment on that? also which barcelo resort is best? don't need fancy...just comfortable,decent food, and topless approved. punta cana over jamaica?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with all inclusive resort

Both Barcelo Bavaro Beach and Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe are on a terrific stretch of beach, right beside IFA.

Mark

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: help with all inclusive resort

unsure of which resort to pick.looking at barcelo palace,majestic, or bahia? want clean,beautiful beach where topless is ok. good food. good drinks with bars open late. if there is another resort that is not on my list i am open.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with all inclusive resort

In my opinion, Barcelo Bavaro has the best beach of the three, and Bahia the least. If I was going, I'd choose Majestic.

Mark

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: help with all inclusive resort

why majestic?how;s the beach?