We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one night to kill before the resort

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one night to kill before the resort

Hi All-

I will be checking into the Grand Bahia Bavaro with a party of nine on March 13th.

However, four of us are flying in a day early and staying at the Bavaro Hostel on the 12th.

Since we won't have a resort to rely on, we're pretty much on our own when it comes to the night time. I was thinking this was a perfect time to check out one of the major clubs in the area. (Oro, Mangu, Jewel, etc.)

Only problem is I don't know which one would be the best and I don't want to chance it. It'll be a wednesday night.

Does anyone have info? I wanna party until the sun comes up...or until I get tired, whatever comes first! :-)

Thanks in advance!!

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
891 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: one night to kill before the resort

Good luck..........

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: one night to kill before the resort

Dan,

Save Imagines for when all your friends are down..... Saturday night at the Bahia disco is "theme night" and it's 70/80s music.... So use that night to go to Imagines... Best option is to purchase all you can drink packages o look into VIP. www.imaginepuntacana.com

If I'm not mistaken your first night (March 12th) You will be at Bavaro Hostel? If so on the beach to the left after Barcelo Dominican Beach there is a few beach bars or take a short cab ride to Steve's Bar and then afterwards head to Mangu....

Good night to visit some of the local bars/Mangu.. If you start at Steve's area then there is a few local places around that area. To the right of Steves across the street theres one in Plaza Bavaro, across the street at to the right abit more is Alibabar Hookah Lounge, to the left of Steve's and up the street is Shop N Drink and down the street from Steve's is Mangu.

Check out picture below I made some arrows for you... ITS NOT exact location did it fast and I'm a bit buzzed from the bar lol. It gives you an idea though

http://postimg.org/image/6j2zuwbwj/

Red arrow - Steves Bar

Yellow arrow - Mangu

Green arrow - outdoor Bar in Plaza Bavaro

Blue arrow - Alibabar Hook Lounge

X Blue - I put the Blue X as it might be that building where Alibabar is and not where the blue arrow is pointing.

Purple arrow - General area where Shop N Drink is

Mangu would likely be your best bet for that night with the 4 of you guys as it's middle of Spring Break and Occidental resort is the main host for the spring break companies....

Stick with small and leave the big clubs for the weekend. Not worth the taxi fare to go all the way to the Hard Rock when there will definitely be Spring Breakers at Mangu since many of them are staying at Occidental

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: one night to kill before the resort

PS = Mangu will only get going a bit after 1am so don't go to early lol. Thats why some other places might be a viable option to predrink first for a cheaper price.

I'm sure you will meet many others at the hostel that will give you the low down and you guys will be fine.

Safe Travels!

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: one night to kill before the resort

BigJim, again you have come through.

I'm gonna print this map and use it as a guide.

The rest of the guys in the group are gonna think I'm the man! Haha!

Thanks again bro!

5. Re: one night to kill before the resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:19