We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenient Excursions near Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Cincinnati, Ohio...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Convenient Excursions near Catalonia Royal Bavaro

We are looking for one or two excursions during our week at the CRB in late January. We don't want something that would involve a long car/bus ride, so a catamaran or other tour that departs near the CRB would be ideal. We are not scuba divers, but we do enjoy snorkeling. Open to suggestions. Also- any suggestions for a (God forbid!) rainy day? Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convenient Excursions near Catalonia Royal Bavaro

There are a number of tours that aren't terribly far from Catalonia. I haven't been on any so can't recommend one over another. Perhaps start another thread with questions specific to those that interest you. I must say that pirate ship show looks intriguing and is something I may do on a future trip.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147293-Activiti…

There is a snorkel tour that leaves from the Catalonia beach. A word of caution about it. I haven't taken the trip myself but numerous folks have told me there is as much or more to see simply snorkelling in front of Cat Royal than taking these tours.

Rainy day activities are a tough one. The obvious ones are hang out at the bars or at your room and read. You could grab a cab and go to the mall or go visit the Chocolate museum which isn't too far away. I have my iPad loaded with games such as Scrabble or Monopoly. Take a deck of cards.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Convenient Excursions near Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Excursions at Cap Cana are not too far away, maybe 25 minutes. We did the Dune Boogies and also stopped at Hoyo Azul, they also have a horse ride there, and zip lines too. The Dune Boogies aren't crazy, you just drive along a pathway to Juanillo Beach and back, then take the truck/bus to the Hoyo Azul path. You're not driving on sand dunes going crazy, There were mudpuddles that you can fly through for a little excitement and dirt flying, but you cab clean off in the ocean at the beach and again at Hoyo. The company takes videos and pictures along the path and at the beach, we bought the disk which probably had 6 or 7 pics on it for $35 I think, so not too bad for some sweet pics. The Catalonias are fairly close and we did not have to stop at any other resorts, like the people that got on the truck/bus before us.

We did another excursion over by Macao beach which the sales vendor said was about 35 minutes away, but along the way and back we had to stop at numerous resorts, so the 35 minutes turned into 1 hour and 35 minutes or more to get there. They also hade dune boogies there, but when the people got off, we saw that they were covered in dirt from head to toe, and taking showers before they got back on the truck/bus.

Hope you have fun in what ever excursions you choose.

3. Re: Convenient Excursions near Catalonia Royal Bavaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:19