We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Hi - visited last year and returning end of January. Are there any 'benefits' in being a returning guest? Will ensure i mention in my room request and dinner reservation emails!

Thankyou

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Mention you are a returning guest in your email, but the extras come after the 4th visit if I'm not mistaken.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Dazbats,

Here is the VIP status requirement at each of the 5 Bahia resorts in Punta Cana.

VIP Status at each Bahia

For the Bahia Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier resorts:

- After the first visit to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana - so on their second visit they would receive a special "silver" wristband.

Depending on the availability, they will receive a room in either the current Club Golden section (buildings 1-10. 20, 21, 22,24) or the Club Diamond/Hacienda section (buildings 23 & 25-29)

They will also receive a fruit tray, a bottle of rum and T shirts in their room.

For the Luxury Ambar resort:

- guests at the Ambar who have been a guest more than three times at the Ambar resort only, will receive the VIP "copper-brown" wristband - so on their 4th visit to the Ambar, they would receive the "copper-brown" wristband.

Repeat guests who have been at any of the other Bahia resorts, anywhere, on any given number of times, are given "special amenities" upon arrival as gratitude for their repeat business, but not the "copper-brown" wristband.

For the Luxury Bahia Esmeralda:

- VIP status for guests of the Esmeralda is substantially different - they will receive a "Copper-Brown" wristband" if they have been a guest at the Esmeralda only, on 5 previous occasions - so on their 6th visit to the Esmeralda, they would receive the VIP "copper-brown" wristband.

In all cases, the guest should email Albania Batista no sooner than 7-10 days prior their arrival - provide her your names, booking number, tour operator, date of arrival and dates/locations of the previous Bahia visits. Albania will put a note in the guests file to ensure they do receive the appropriate VIP status - this must be done prior to arrival, not on arrival.

Here is Albania's email address:

asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com

I hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Edited: 02 January 2014, 15:55
Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Thanks both! Not sure I will reach the 3 visits - there's a big world out there! Really appreciate your advice - John, you are the font of all knowledge on this resort!

Regards

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

One reaches VIP after 3 trips to GBP properties - all 3 do not have to be to the same resort. We confirmed that on our last trip at Ambar [our second]. When we arrived, the wonderfully efficient lady at the reception desk knew we were repeat guests [she told me they have a, electronic file on all past visitors]. She came around the desk, shook our hands, welcomed us with a big smile, gave us our room keys [corner room overlooking the pool in building 60], recommended that we skip the orientation meeting and motioned a bell-person-man to gather our luggage and take us to our room. All of our ala cartes were pre-booked as per our e-mail request. We were in our room within 15 minutes of arriving to the Ambar lobby.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

I will be returning to the Ambar in March. What room number did you have in building 60? I'd like to overlook the pool and have a "view" of the ocean, if possible. Thanks, take care,

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
510 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

We stayed in 60301 a few weeks back. It was a corner room with an ocean view overlooking the Las Olas snack bar but we could not see the pool. Fantastic room regardless!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Thank you

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Dezbats,

I just spoke with the resort and they did confirm that the criteria for returning guests is still as I mentioned in post #2.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

Many thanks John!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Principe Ambar - Returning Guest

we stayed with grand Bahia in mexico two years ago,so april 2013 we stayed at the grand Bahia principe bavaro,we emailed the resort and told them that, so when we arrived they had our room decorated ,t -shirts,fruit tray and alot more done for us.now we are going back there april 6/14,they really treat their guest beyond great.