We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Punta Cana Room and A la carte selection help

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bahia Punta Cana Room and A la carte selection help

I need some helping picking a room and restaurants. I've gone through Brooklin's posts and know we can ask to stay in a certain room block. We've stayed at the Bahia Coba in Mexico before. Does this give us any upgrades? If not we will have to choose from room blocks 11-18. Does anyone have any recommendations on location? I'm thinking 11. In terms of restaurants we are booked with Air Canada so get 4 a la cartes. We're thinking Gourmet, El Pescador Seafood, Il Capriccio and La Trattoria. Do we have access to all these? Thanks so much!

Trenton, New Jersey
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Punta Cana Room and A la carte selection help

I'm going in March and just requested building 14 because its somewhat closer to beach. I was told its not worth upgrading because the only difference is one more A La Carte dinner for the week. The location is very similar. Im assuming since you reviewed "Brooklin's" posts then you already have the email to the person in charge of reserving rooms? There is also a trolly that can take you to and from wherever you need to go with many different location to get on around the resort so dont let room location be the reason you spend more money to upgrade just for one more A La Carte dinner. Wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Hope you have a great time! Safe travels!!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,996 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Punta Cana Room and A la carte selection help

ibjmama,

Here is the information I have from the resort for VIP status:

For the Bahia Bavaro/Punta Cana/Premier resorts:

" After the first visit to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana (note - "in Punta Cana") - so on their second visit they would receive a special "silver" wristband.

Depending on the availability, they will receive a room in either the current Club Golden section (buildings 1-10. 20, 21, 22,24) or the Club Diamond/Hacienda section (buildings 23 & 25-29)

They will also receive a fruit tray, a bottle of rum and T shirts in their room.

Repeat guests who have been at any of the other Bahia resorts, anywhere, on any given number of times, are given "special amenities" upon arrival as gratitude for their repeat business. "

In all cases, the guest should email Albania Batista no sooner than 7-10 days prior their arrival - provide her your names, booking number, tour operator, date of arrival and dates/locations of the previous Bahia visits. Albania will put a note in the guests file to ensure they do receive the appropriate VIP status - this must be done prior to arrival, not on arrival.

Here is Albania's email address:

asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com

In my opinion, room 11, 12, 15 are ideal locations - you are basically centrally located to the beach, which has easy access by tram along Ave. Espana, your main lobby, lobby bar, main lobby buffet, Tropicana Theatre and the large shopping and entertainment area called the Pueblo Principe.

The list of a la cartes reflects an older listing - the La Trattoria is no longer there.

This map link with the legend at the bottom will show you the locations of the a la cartes:

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Here are the a la cartes choices you have to choose from, starting with the most popular:

Le Gourmet - gourmet - located at the Bavaro resort

The Garden Grill - steakhouse - located at the Punta Cana resort

The IL Capriccio - Italian - located at the Bavaro resort

The Mikado - Japanese - located at the Punta Cana resort

The El Pescador - Mediterranean - located at the Punta Cana resort

The El Meson - Spanish - located at the Bavaro resort

The Sante Fe - Tex-Mex - located at the Bavaro resort

The Los Olas IYII - BBQ - located at the Bavaro resort

You would send your a la carte "requests" in to Albania Batista as well.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

3. Re: Bahia Punta Cana Room and A la carte selection help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:16