We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at the Majestic Colonial???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wausau, Wisconsin
13 posts
Save Topic
Food at the Majestic Colonial???

My husband and I are planning to be at the Majestic Colonial early February, I have been reading the reviews regarding the food at the Majestic Colonial, many saying the food is terrible and many saying they they became very ill at this resort. I have Trip insurance and thinking about looking into other resorts.Has Anyone stayed at the Majestic Colonial recently that can provide me with information on the food and restaurants there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

Just came back after 12 days at the Colonial. We have been there several times. We like the food a lot, especially the buffet where there are so many choices! Did not get sick at all. Well, I got a common cold the last day but can't blame the food for that! ;)

Of course, everyone has different taste. We like the domicican and latinamerican food. But there are many choices for everyone.

Some suggestions: do not drink tap water; use hand sanitizers always; do not over eat; drink plenty of (bottled) water during the day. Water and ice in the restaurants and bars are safe.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

We last ate at the Colonial in Nov/Dec 2013. No food issues for any of us. If you are staying in Club level, you have to eat in the Gourmet for lunch. (This restaurant is only open for Club guests for lunch.) Of our many visits to Punta Cana it is probably the best lunch meals we've had.

Old Bridge, NJ
Level Contributor
516 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

I agree with desi. Lunch at the Gourmet was def one of the best meals. Nice to eat breakfast there too if you get tired of the buffet. I really enjoyed my stay there. It is one of my favorite resorts in Punta Cana.

Definitely upgrade to the adults only. I thought the upgrade was worth it. Really enjoyed our swim out rooms.

If this helps, I went with my sister and her husband. They are extremely hard to please and they enjoyed their stay there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
584 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

Do you have to "dress" for the lunch at Gourmet or can you wear a dry beach coverup? I like this option, but are usually just have my coverup and flipflops during the day. Also, is this located near the main lobby area? Thanks!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

No need to dress up for lunch. As long as you have a cover up and are not wet. The restaurant is located in the lower lobby behind the lower lobby bar. You will also find at this level the Asian restaurant and the Hispanic restaurant.

Ontario
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

We were at the Colonial Club in December for 10 days (our 8th stay) and concur with the other posters.

We love the lunch at the gourmet as well (grilled salmon is excellent). We had no "tummy troubles" and our preferred resturants are the Gourmet (available at breakfast as well for club members), Japanese, steakhouse and buffet is good as well. We don't usually go to the Mexican/Dominican or the seafood side of the steakhouse. We prefer the gourmet for seafood or fresh grilled grouper at the beach lunch buffet is excellent.

the Japanese is great where a chef cooks in front of you - very good meal.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

Do you need reservation for lunch at Gourmet?

Ontario
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

No reservations needed for breakfast or lunch at the Gourmet (only available though if you are staying in the Club).

9. Re: Food at the Majestic Colonial???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 06:17