We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

My gut is telling me that 16 year old girls should not be allowed to wonder the resort on their own after dinner hours. Not that they are looking for trouble, however, two young blonde beauties from the US will stick out like sore thumbs. All I can think about is the 'Natalee Holloway' story in Aruba. Some beg to differ with me. Please share your thoughts, even though my opinion is not going to be swayed. Thank you.

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
108 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

We requested the "B" buildings for exactly that reason. We wanted the teens to be as close as possible to the lobby area at night, so it is a quick walk back to the room.

New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

It is very safe to walk the resort at night. B and C buildings connect With The main building but even if you are in an A building they will be fine. We were there Christmas week and I was comfortable with my two 14 year old boys walking at night without us to the main building and back.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

within the Resorts defines they should be as safe as two teenage girls out of the parents eyeview can be. they can wander around, go to the games room or grab food and non alcoholic drinkets etc etc on their own.

sure it is a plus to get a room close to the mainlobby, so you are never far to "take a secret look" while the youngsters do not feel "overcontrolled".

i know, it's the typical age where the parents see them as too young to be on their own while the teens see themselfs too old to be aside Mom and Dad all the time, lol

have fun

MIke

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
952 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

Hi jbliargolf, our premises are safe to walk around, we also provide trams to go around our hotel. We have security in all common areas and entrances to the main lobby, just in case since we want our guests to feel safe at all times, it's our priority. If you can send me a PM with your reservation number or the name that the reservation is under I'll gladly add a note that you want to be close to the main building :o)

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

"two young blonde beauties from the US will stick out like sore thumbs"

Actually, on the resort, they will just blend in with the crowd!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

You are nervous about your daughters walking around a gated complex with armed security??

What do they do when they are at home?

Edited: 09 January 2014, 11:58
Iowa
Level Contributor
435 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

Hi, Once you get there and start relaxing, your comfort level will change. Check everything out, ask the girls how they feel. Set boundaries, have them check in. I do understand your concerns, as you should be. Enjoy your vacation, you'll get it all figured out once settled! :)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

Don't over relax! TWO 16 yr old girls together are at least 5x more likely to get into something they would not do in front of their parents.

But only you know your kids and how they might behave in a new situation.

I'd strongly suggest lots of preparation, warning them about various things. Like pickpockets and other thieves, people getting them alcohol, putting something worse in their drink, sankies, etc.

Probably will have no problems, (at least none you will ever hear about) but better safe than sorry.

As the saying goes, 'praemonitus, praemunitus', right?

Set a check in time and place and a curfew. If they miss either, go looking for them immediately and issue consequences. But you knew that, heck, you're PARENTS! :-) happy vacation!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
952 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

Another idea is to bring walkie talkies so you guys are connected at all times if you feel leery about them walking around ;o)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hard Rock safe for 16 year old girls to wander?

I have been to the Hard Rock numerous times and the resort is very safe.

I have brought my kids there when they were that age without any problems.

The walkie talkie idea is a very good one which we have used in the past.