We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My resort review is missing...!

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
My resort review is missing...!

I have been to this property (Presidential suites Be Live) with my family in Dec of 2012 and posted an honest review which 8 (eight) other TA members found helpful. Now it is gone... I received neither notification nor explanation from TA. This is unacceptable and if no valid explanation is given I will not be contributing to TA any longer as it's getting pointless...

What would you suggest I do?

Thanks,

P

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My resort review is missing...!

Why not just contact TA to see what they say?

As well when I did a search for that resort it didn't come up - just the Presidential Suites A Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort

And there are no reviews for that resort for 2012.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,537 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My resort review is missing...!

Piramidon

It seems as though TripAdvisor has been asked by the new owners/management to take all of the old reviews down as the hotel does not come under the BeLive umbrella anymore as it is now run by Lifestyles.......this happens regularly that old reviews are discarded and reviews start anew with the take over of the resort.

As you can see there are now only 15 reviews and under the title it does state (Formerly Presidential Suites Punta Cana Be Live)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g147293-d1816…

Angie.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My resort review is missing...!

Angelina is correct.

Management change and ownership changes are usually the reason for taking out the reviews produced by the former owners/management, so they start over new with the reviews coming in newly according to the really actually provided services/amenities etc.

Mike

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My resort review is missing...!

Thanks Angie, Sackie and Mike.

Yes, I can see that. I saw similar situations before - they change the hotel name but kept all of the reviews...

I guess if hotel requests the removal of old reviews due to change of management - it should be done.

But I think we should be still notified with an explanation...

Thanks,

P

Edited: 09 January 2014, 14:46
5. Re: My resort review is missing...!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18