We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia restaurant reservations?

winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Melia restaurant reservations?

We'll be staying at the Melia Caribe in a couple of weeks. How does it work for making reservations at their restaurants? Can we do it before we leave via email? Are there any restaurants that are a must? We did not upgrade if that matters.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
296 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

Bump

Holly, Michigan
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

Not sure if things have changed however I was there exactly one year ago and we had to call first thing in the morning to make reservation. I only ate at the mexican and american while I was there and remember them both being good. I wanted to try more but as we were there at max capacity it was hard to get reservations for dinner early enough for us. I do not like eating a big meal at 9 or 10pm so we did not get to try most. Melia is still one of my favorites, I am sure you will love it.

st. louis, MO
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

we were just there in mid december. we arrived around 3;30 and made reservations that afternoon via the phone while waiting for our luggage with no problem - we ate american grill that night at 6:15, and booked for Thai at 6:45 2 nights later.= we did book the restaurants that cost the next day I think for the steak /lobster friday at 7, and japanese for 6 one night - we booked those via the kiosk in the lobby very easy - the restaurants we booked via the kiosk in the evenings - we opted to pay the $5 to book 2 of our meals in advance. We did not upgrade. We ate our meals between 6 & 7.

Dunnville, Canada
Level Contributor
851 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

You cannot make reservations prior to arrival. The normal procedure would be to call in the morning for a reservation the next day or use one of the Kiosks located throughout the resort. You can book more than one day in advance for a fee at the Kiosks. In my opinion the top restaurants are La Gourmet (international gourmet), La Pagoda (Asian Fusion), Ma Mason (French), Capri (Seafood). The Mexican, American Grill, and Dominican are nice but are not up to the standards of the other ones mentioned. La Gondola (Italian) is a good restaurant most days but is hit or miss, some nights it is fantastic, other nights it might be a little disorganized. The Japanese is good but you have to pay extra. The Steak and Lobster is close to the American Grill but is not one of the resorts restaurants (it is run by former employees who lease the space), it will cost you approx $40.00 to eat there but it is very good.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

We also had no problem making reservations - hubby would book one for the next day each morning at a kiosk which was just at the entrance to the buffet restaurant just before having breakfast. Just to mention that we were only four people and we usually would go around 7:30.

Edited: 10 January 2014, 14:26
6. Re: Melia restaurant reservations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 06:18