We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Cap Cana looks so beautiful. I wanna take my gf (soon to be fiancé) on a surprise trip in May. I'm not looking for somewhere dead, but nothing near spring break type either. Something romantic but fun. I'm ready to pull the trigger on elegance after countless hours of research, but cap cana looks so darn cool. I've stalked them out on Facebook and they assure me they will be fine in late May when I plan to go, but they make me nervous. Should I just go with elegance to be safe? Gosh does cap cana look cool though. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Two younger thirties who don't have a ton of money, so trips like this are very rare (so far) and also gonna be right after a proposal. I want it to be perfect. I know I know, with those factors it makes sense to be safe with an ambar or elegance, but again CAP CANA LOOKS SO COOL! Haha thanks in advance.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

I see from your reply in another thread, that you chose the ME - congrats!! As I said, desiwood or others may be able to get you the contact for someone at the resort who could help you plan something special as a way to celebrate when you get there. Keep us posted on the proposal and her reaction to the surprise holiday - we love that kind of thing :D

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Yeah I'm super excited. The proposal is actually a prank with police and a bunch of other things that may give her a heart attack (don't worry, I purchased flight insurance) so it's not very romantic. I figure after the prank wears off I can hit her with the romantic part. We have been together seven years so she deserves a big production for being so patient.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Ahhhhhhhh :) So cool...I'm sure she'll love it! I got married in 2012 and my hubby's proposal wasn't very romantic either, lol, but it's something I'll never forget - romance is all about the little things, and life is all about fun and surprises - just go with!! Wishing you well and can't wait to hear :D

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Yeah I'm super excited. The proposal is actually a prank with police and a bunch of other things that may give her a heart attack (don't worry, I purchased flight insurance) so it's not very romantic. I figure after the prank wears off I can hit her with the romantic part. We have been together seven years so she deserves a big production for being so patient.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

Thanks so much! I've investigated the place so much, I'm just happy to finally have a decision made. All the fine folks who answer so many questions on here helped out I lot. Thanks to you folks, really appreciate it.

6. Re: Cap cana nerves, go elegance instead?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18