My first trip to PC is coming up a week from Tuesday, Jan 21st, staying at Excellence. I've learned a lot from reading and asking a question or two here on the forum, and via Private Message, and i am prepared for a new experience as i have been a long time Aruba visitor. So i am getting the feeling that this will be a whole 'nother experience for my wife and I.
As i get closer to crunch time, 've got some specific questions....
1. Is there any downside to taking a taxi (pink or beige shirt guys) vs reserving with Globecom or one of the other private companies? Seems to me it would be easier to just hop in a cab and go, rather than looking all over the place for a guy with a sign.
2. Am i really better off buying the tourist card online on the website, rather than when i get to PC airport? I would rather not use a credit card online, but on the other hand if it would save me a lot of time.....
3. At Excellence, i have reserved an Excellence CLUB Garden or Mountain View suite. Any suggestions on a specific building i should ask for in advance? I'd like to be near the pool/beach/restaurants, but also dont want a room with a ton of noise outside. Not sure which buildings are the Club rooms.
4. I'm thinking bring one pair of Khaki's for dinner and some collared pullover shirts, is this ok, and with long pants can i wear sneakers to the dinners? Also do i need to wear long pants in the casino?
5. i eat a lot of vegetables and salad at home, I;m thinking maybe i should avoid this on vacation, because of the water. Also thinking i might start taking probiotics tomorrow (read that on here) will it help? Could it mess up my stomach?
I am sure there is more that i havent thought of.Sorry for all the questions, I'm obviously a neurotic.