We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless or Turquesa?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Breathless or Turquesa?

Since we're coming closer to narrowing our vacation choice to Punta Cana we've narrowed our choice of hotels down to Breathless or Turquesa (so far). And yes we want adult only All-Inclusive. Any help here?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Take a look> www.SlickPic.com/u/Lovethesun

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Thank you bbgamer!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Follow Nicole who is there now on a Breathless post.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

We have heard of the lifestyle difference between the two and have no problem with that :)

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,199 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Personally, I would pick the Turquesa.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Thank you hlywud

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

I am not sure if someone who hasn't been to both will be able to give good advise, only personal opinion not based on first hand experience.

Without knowing exactly what you are looking for it may be difficult to make a suggestion. What is right for me may not be for you. Breathless is not on the white sand and calm beaches like some other areas especially the Bavaro area. If you are particular for that type of beach then Breathless may not be for you.

Breathless is all adults only, new resort with excellent service and a fun environment. It can be as relaxed or active as you would like. It is up to your wants and needs to determine if it is right for you. We loved it and are returning in April.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Right now, I'd take Royal Suites Turquesa. Once Breathless has some time to mature, and the landscaping improves, then I might choose Breathless, depending on the price.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

Both decent resorts for different reasons.

Turquesa has to be one of the most...if not the most...laid back resorts in Punta Cana. You do get to use the other properties within the resort if you want to liven it up a bit. Location also puts you in the heart of the region, thus allowing you to experience excellent restaurants and venues off resort (something important to me...maybe not to you).

Breathless appears to be a bit of everything to everybody...not a bad thing. Location is in a quiet area northwest of the region, thus if getting off the resort (golfing, restaurants...etc) is a requirement, it can be a bit of a costly hike.

Beach waters....Turquesa is enterable 90% of the time...Breathless....40% of the time.

Breathless will not have beach traffic offshore as they do at Turquesa...no thumping out of YMCA at 10;30 every morning as one particular party boat passes by! LOL

Turquesa is for those who wish to "relax" during vacation...Breathless...more "activities" based.

Cheers

PCMike

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breathless or Turquesa?

MHeath will plants really make that much of a difference for you when you have previously said you wouldn't go to Breathless as the modern decor doesn't appeal to you?

There were several trees and palapas for shade but yes the rest of the colorful type plants do need more time to grow in. There was already some nice landscaping coming together when we were there and the grounds crew were working hard tending to the gardens. No doubt like many other new resorts it just needs some time. Certainly didn't and wouldn't impact my vacation there.