We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a resort with good wifi -free

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ripley, Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
I need a resort with good wifi -free

Hi, we are doing a family holiday, and i am a full time online student. I need to go on the holiday with my family, but can not miss school. I would need to attend lectures online while on holidays, i therefore need a resort with really good wifi that is free. What can you recommend, we have not booked yet.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

don't rely on any free wifi if you really need the connection.

spend 30 bucks per week on a Gobecon device, it is a mobile router, you can connet 4 or 5 phones/tablets/laptops etc at the same time wireless to it and you are connected everywhere, on the beach, by the pool even off resort, where every you carry the small machine with you. its cheap and reliable.

have fun

Mike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

Mike is correct. Do not trust any hotel supplied wifi, free or otherwise. Get the Gobecon device for peace of mind.

www.gobecon.com/reliable-connectivity/wifi/

Ripley, Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

Awesome thank you! After I posted this, I read the posts about gobecon. Do you know it is available for every location? Cuba?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

Wifi and free phone calls anywhere from the room free at Hard Rock Punta Cana where we are now.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

the company is here in punta cana/dominican republic, for internet devices in Cuba you should ask teh question about available companies on the Cuba Forum.

Mike

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

When you say anywhere is that the whole World???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

the whole world?

nope, it means everywhere in this country. the device is a mobile internet device, it works with a SIM card the same way as a cellphone does, so it works everywhere where cellphone coverage of the company is received, and that almost countrywide, as cellphone coverage in the DR is very good.

but not Worldwide. the devise is rented out on weekly bases and you pay a deposit for the machine, which you get back when you turn in the machine after your week of rental. if you take it with you, then you loose your deposit and they would then also cut off the activation of the SIM Card.

Mike

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

I think he's questioning Bob who left it "wide open" by saying "call anywhere" from the Hard Rock

Princeton Jct., NJ
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

Do you need free wi fi or free internet? When are you planning to travel?

10. Re: I need a resort with good wifi -free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:19