We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

Hi,

I see lots on here about both Majestics. They are obviously very popular.

I'm wondering what people have to say about Barcelo Bavaro Beach in comparison to to the Majestics. We need to book our honeymoon for march break by this Saturday. Help please!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

These are the two places I'm deciding between for my wedding/honeymoon as well! I'm going to follow this thread to hear the opinions. :-)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

We stayed at ME in 2009 (shortly after opening) and walked thru Barcelo. The Barcelo looked much older than ME, so if you prefer a more modern resort, choose ME.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

I can't speak about the Barcelo (never been), but just wanted to say that we stayed at the ME (club lvl) for our honeymoon and it was perfect. Service and food were great, and the added extras for the honeymoon package were a plus. Our room was huge, 2 bathrooms, hot tub inside and another on the balcony. We liked it so much, we are booked for our 1yr anniv. in 26 days.

For us it was between the Excellence or the ME, and it came down to budget and room type availability. If you are down to the Barcelo and the ME, do a side by side and see which one fits your needs more.

Good luck if you are booking for March, most resorts fill up quickly during this busy season. Check different carriers (expedia/cheapcarribean/orbitz etc.) if you are seeing sold out resorts as some carriers may have availability while others do not.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 18:46
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach or either Majestic resort for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:17