We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

attractions advice

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
attractions advice

My boyfriend and I are traveling to punta cana in a few weeks. We are looking to book a couple of trips, we was wondering if its cheaper to book whilst over there or through the travel agents.(first choice) Could anyone advise please many thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: attractions advice

Speaking of excursions, some book online only (not through the resort). Other than the few in this category, and may I reccommend:

2 private operators: Both highly recommended on these threads:

http://www.puntacanamike.com/tours

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147293-d1…

and

http://www.mikesmarina.info/

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147293-d1…

Other than those in that category that book fast and must be reserved, we always wait until at the resort to see the weather before paying there on site. I have never booked with my agent before leaving. Hope this helps.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: attractions advice

Please note that the two excursions listed above can not be booked at your resort and should be booked in advance as they fill up fairly quickly.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: attractions advice

an other one highly recommended formaximum fun and also recommended to book online ahead of time, is the x-treme buggy excursions, they book up quick and online offers anyways the best rates if booking with the outfitter directly.

even for other excursions available at the tourdesks of the hotels,, if you already know which kind of excursion you want to take, then i would research outfitters oif such excursion online, where ever a Outfitter/OWNER of a activity runs a website for direct sales, there you will get the best rates for exactly the same tour, as no sales middlesman/travel agent/touroperator/sales representative is involved with their usual 40-70% of sales commissions.

research only costs a little time spent online to get the info.

some of the big mass tours run websites but do not book directly(due their touroperator contracts), so here you still get exact info about any specific tour/activity to decide if it suits you, and then upon arrival you can book with any tourrepresentative at your resort. you are not obliged to bok with first choice because you booked your vacation with them, you can book with every tourrepresentative present at your hotel, compare rates and if they show a different price for exactly the same tour(with the same touroutfitter) then grab the one who has the best offer.

have fun

Mike

4. Re: attractions advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:21