We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions with baby?

Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions with baby?

Will be at PPR mid February wondering if anyone knows of any excursions that are suitable with 4 month old baby? Or are we just stuck at the resort the whole time ( which isn't the end of the world). Trip was booked before baby was conceived so we had hoped to see more of the island.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions with baby?

If I were you, I would stay put. Always lots going on at the Resort. You could consider PC Mike I suppose but seriously, I think you would be happy just to enjoy your resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions with baby?

I think Mike's tours and other excursions might be a bit long for a 4 month old, you've got naps, changing and feeding to consider, plus other guests :-)

As Prior said, they'll be lots to do at the resort, you'll have fun !!!! Enjoy your time with baby... you could bring a little pool floaty thingy with a sunshade for baby :-)

Cheers, Debbie

Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions with baby?

Thanks Debbie I'm ordering a floaty thing from amazon as we speak. Hope it fits in the luggage. Was also thinking of buying a life jacket, but didn't know if the resort had any or if we could rent one down there ? Would love to save the luggage space.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,486 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions with baby?

super,,, are you getting one like this where you can put them into it?

www.toysplash.com/Category/Home/BabyFloats

Edited: 16 January 2014, 23:40
Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions with baby?

Yes Debbie the one with the sun shade canopy is the one we decided on though there are so many cute ones I want to get more.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions with baby?

yes, def bring such floaty it will be a main attraction during the days for your baby and the parents. bring the own lifejacket for the baby, you will very most likely not find any in the appropriate size at the resort.

the joy of parenthood, in case of luggage i would simply count on one suitcase for the Baby. i know, your airline will charge you for the extra suitcase, but you will need it. bring all sunlotions and babybugsprays for the time frame of your visit, diapers, your milk powder, baby glasses, lots of clothes to change. the most useful thingy for us been always the stroller when he was a little baby(she is 3 now, thanks God to the age when they want to walk on their own, lol), as on and in the stroller fits everything you need when leaving the room to hit da beach or pool or anywhere else at the resort, and automatically you have everywhere the appropriate Nap Spot on Wheels handy, it really safes a lot of walks back and forth to the room from the beach/pool etc etc. we learned it the hard way, as on our first baby vacay we did not bring a stroller. don't forget to bring enough disposable mothpieces for the babybottle, so no hassles to clean and sterilize.

Mike

Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions with baby?

Thank you mike I think I have just about everything you mentioned already packed. Getting the stroller this weekend. Thanks for the tips.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions with baby?

the stroller is really the key to parents happyness to carry around everything, haha.

also, to treat water for anything, bring a small tube of travel cloro/Clorox. our Girlie went 6 months old during a week's stay at the Majestic Elegance, they have those nice handwashers in the form of a big bowl, was the perfect fit to function as the bathtub. we filled it with some warm water from the shower, added some drops of clorox just in case, and the babybath been ready, and she really enjoyed to have her bath in front of that huge mirror there, haha.

packing will be your biggest challenge i guess. i say I guess, because we live here and i just load everything on the back of the Truck and at the hotel let the staff unload the Fishmobile, no luggage weight restrictions, no liquid restrictions on a plane or such, so we had it easy on that count, i really can imagine that it would be a mayor problem if me and the Mrs would have be forced to cut down on luggage to fit all that stuff in 3 suitcases for us.

Mike

Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions with baby?

Mike one last question , did you bring baby to the al la cartes or just eat at buffet they whole time? Are the hotels okay with babies in the restaraunts. I mean we wouldn't stay if he is screaming but was hoping not to eat at same buffets everyday . Thanks

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions with baby?

we stayed with the baby at the Majestic Elegance and it was very fine to dine at the a la carte restaurants with the baby, they had Baby seats at all the restaurants and did really serve towards the little Princess all the time. by 6 months she was eating different foodies like chicken breast, veggies, she still loves pastas, she always got a special baby plate with different things suitable for her, even that such plate never been shown on any menue. resorts and staff here are really super children friendly, specially when it comes to the smallest guests.

Mike