We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost impossible to book......

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OTTAWA
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Almost impossible to book......

UGH!

Just got back from travel agent - We were looking to book at the NOW LArimar, or the Majestic Colonial for Feb 19 - 7 days or Feb 20 7 Days... THERE WAS NOTHING... not even on the 21st of Feb... it was so annoying... tried a few others nothing came up that wasnt 8548451874 dollars!!!!! Then we refreshed and got a package for the MELIA CARIBE.. its more than we wanted to pay :( but thats all we could get or we would have to try and move the trip till end of march.. it was crazy! START BOOKING PEOPLE....

All that to say... i hope the Melia was a good choice - i see the reviews are great but i cant tell if its fun and lively like the Now or Majestic..

canada
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost impossible to book......

I was starting to wonder if it was just me.... Wow... I guess we had better get on the ball

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost impossible to book......

Which just proves it is better to book early and get what you want and not second best

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost impossible to book......

Booked Maj Elegance 8 months ago... we are getting into busy time. Glad to her you were able to get something

uh oh - post 1000, I'm oficially addicted to TA

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Almost impossible to book......

Congrats to your 1000 post Matt..

Yes I booked our trip in February last August. Seemed like it was going to be forever to get here. But I did convince the guy into going in last December and I booked that trip at the end of October.

Trying to get my family involved for 2015. Looking to figure out a date THIS weekend. Then the search is on..

OTTAWA
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almost impossible to book......

Yes people book ASAP> this is crazy!~!!!

also - its spring breakfor university students that week here in canada.. :S

hahaha Matt - congrats.... i LOVE TA

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almost impossible to book......

We've had friends stay at Melia Caribe and say it's fun. I heard the price point for this resort is very good for what you get. Have a great trip!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Almost impossible to book......

I had a group of friends stay at Melia, they loved it too! The rum tastes the same and the sun is just as warm whever you end up.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Almost impossible to book......

I booked our AI AO to Jamaica about 15-17 months out. I am now planning our family AI for 2015...I like to get a head start lol...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,915 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almost impossible to book......

Melia is a great resort. I've always found it to be fun and lively. The grounds are gorgeous, and so is the beach. Lots of restaurant and bar options.

Mark

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Almost impossible to book......

We went to the Melia last year and had a great time - our only issue was that there was no beach bar and it was a bit of a walk to the pool bar and bathroom from the beach. Also, we did find the variety of food at breakfast/lunch a bit limited and would have liked a beach grill but the a la cartes were excellent. I've had lots of friends who have been - various ages - infants/toddlers/teens/young adults - and all really liked it so hopefully you'll have a blast!