We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holmen, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Have been to Dreams PB,Ocean Blue, and Majestic all without kids...loved them all. Taking kids with another family too in August (ages 8-14). Looking for resort with similar feel to others we've been to regarding size of resort , good entertainment staff and activities, food options, etc. Any suggestions?? Are we better to find a place that accommodates 5 in a room or just book 2 rooms?With all five of us going, need to watch price as well...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Finding a room for 5 is not easy at all cause I am doing that now...

Trying to do 2 adjoining rooms is NOT guaranteed as I have been in discussions with many hotels on the matter...

I have just heard back from one iberostar that said they will make an exception for a 3rd child under 4 to joint a single room and waiting for a couple other iberostar to reply.

A couple good tools I have found are expedia using 3 kids and 2 adults for search same with Travelocity I think.

I also found a site called vacationkids . Com that lists hotels that accommodate 5travel and give tons of info on each...

I could give you my list of hotels we are looking at for 5 people in mexico punta and jamaica if you want...

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Well - there is Dreams Punta Cana and Dreams La Romana if you liked Dreams Palm Beach I believe these actually have a little more to offer than Dreams Palm Beach. There is also NOW which is run by the same company (Now is trying to be their trendy - more energetic version of Dreams). Both Dreams have family suites for 5 people.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Our family of five ( now it is 6) stayed at Dreams Punta Cana three years ago and loved it. The family deluxe room is basically two connecting rooms (one with a king and the other with two twin beds). This is more affordable than booking two rooms and of course guarantee your family is together. Dreams Palm Beach and Now Larimar also have this room category. We are looking at possibly going to Now Larimar this year. Other resorts that have family of five accommodations that we have looked at include Grand Palladium Bavaro, Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, and Melia Caribe Tropical. Ocean Blue also will fit five in their junior suites as well.

maryland
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

I have read nothing but bad things about Ocean Blue's kids clubs so be aware.. going to DPC late April w/ 14 yo and 6 yo.. Best kids club... make sure you do your research a lot of other resorts have good kids clubs but only from 9-5 ..Dreams kids clubs are from 9-9 a deal breaker for me .. ( I think OBS kids club is only from 3-5?? )

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

Take a look at the Palladium

maryland
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

the palladiums kids club also is 9-5.. and resort is huge..

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
863 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

We are heading to the Royalton Punta Cana with our two boys and family. They have a huge on-site waterpark that looks awesome and althought the property is shared with Memory Splash, the Royalton is starting to get great reviews now that they have been open a few weeks. I like the fact that it's compact, has lots of no reservation restaurants, waterpark on site, and a kids and teen club(not much info. yet on the teen club though).

8. Re: Traveling with kids...where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20