We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only

We've been to Punta Cana before but haven't stayed at an adults only. We are both in our early 40's, looking for a romantic vacation. Anywhere in Dominican but Punta Cana is preferred. I believe Barcelo bavaro beach and Catalonia royal bavaro are a couple of them. I was wondering if anyone had experienced one of these or had other suggestions. We're looking for R&R, pool volleyball (activities) and maybe a lively lobby bar in the evenings.

Mentioned in this post
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only

I have stayed at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro and going there again in April. Very relaxing on the adult side and you can use the family side for a livelier lobby area at night. They have added the infinity pool and 2 more restaurants since we've been last so we are looking forward to the new additions.

Excellence gets good reviews it's an hour from the airport brownish sand and bigger waves check that out too.

We stayed at the Riu Palace Macao last April and liked it.

The Punta Cana Princess is one i'd like to visit, it gets good reviews too check that one out too.

Good luck in your search

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Catalonia Royal Bavaro
6,383 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only

I definitely can recommend PCP. :)

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only

we stay at the Royal suites turquesa by palladium and love it, for activities and a lively lobby you would need to go to one of the sister resorts, that said we never find the need to go to the sister resorts as we usually meet great people to hang out with. the royal suites also has great swim out suites.

GALAX
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only

Just booked the Level Adult Only section at the Melia Caribe Tropical. It's brand new section, just opened in December 2013. All reviews are nothing but glowing reviews. There is a YouTube video for the Melia Caribe Tropical Level.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,986 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only

A small correction cinnamongirl-with the new highway done, I was told that Excellence is now around 30-40 minutes away. It's still one of the prettiest and most uncrowded beach I've seen in PC.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only

Here's a list of adult only options from the Top Questions section:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k60147…

Have a look and see what appeals to you, and ask questions.

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everybody's input.

Catalonia looks good, PCP, and excellence ....

Just to add to the question, has anyone been to Luxury Bahia principe ambar? The reviews are also good there.

Also, as an aside, Barb111 I can't really make out where you're from. Is it Rhode Island? If so that's where I was born.

Mentioned in this post
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
United States
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,986 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only

Hi Tom,

Will be at the Ambar on Feb 1 and plan on doing a live post. More than likely Brooklin, one of the Destination Experts, will give you all the info you want but I will strive to answer any questions you might have when I get there. :D

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults only

Would anyone also know if any of these hotels offer unlimited dining at the a la carte restaurants instead of just the customary 2 or 3 per week?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adults only

Thank you Dawnskye.

Have a good time and I look forward to your post. We're looking to leave early March for somewhere.