Hello, my husband and I recently booked a week at the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana. We'll be going in September, but before we start planning on what clothes to buy and such I figured I would try to ask a few questions and see if anybody had answers for me.
1. I was trying to figure out if there was a place to do laundry on site or a laundry service. One random travel site said they have laundry service, but cited an extra charge. Does anybody know what that charge would be? (In Dominican Pesos or American Dollars is fine) We are staying 7 nights and I am guessing we may need to do laundry before the trip is over unless we want to pay to check additional luggage on the flight.
2. Are there set hours for the pools and beach? Or could we go for a swim at 3 am if we wanted to? I don't imagine we would swim in the ocean that late, but a stroll down the beach might be a possibility. Most hotels in the US close their pools between 9 and 10 pm and reopen between 6 and 8 am. Just hoping for a place that will let you swim whenever you wish.
3. The resort website says that there are plenty of places for 'private' moments throughout the resort. Obviously that makes the mind wander... I also had a friend who went to the Dominican Republic and she said that people were getting frisky all over her resort. Obviously people are going to be lovey dovey and make out where they want to, but I am asking if you've seen people going overboard. Like, are we going to be taking a walk one day and run into a couple having sex against a palm tree? lol To each their own of course, just trying to prepare myself for what we may or may not see.
4. Do you get your choice of liquor and beer in your room even if you do not do the Excellence Club upgrade?
5. How expensive are their spa services?
6. Our flight leaves Punta Cana around 7 am. How early will we have to leave for the airport? I heard reports of people being told they had to leave at 2:30 am?
Thanks in advance to anybody that can help me out with these questions! :-) Happy travels!