We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Has anyone traveled recently with Air Canada? How does the inflight entertainment work?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,801 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

works good LOL.... small screens on the back of the seat in front of you to be used with earphones.

aircanada.com/en/…index.html

Cheers, DebBiE

Edited: 25 January 2014, 05:42
Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

I thought they did away with the screens on the seats and had something new now.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

I read that you had to bring your own device or rent something on the plane. I much prefer the seat back tv's

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,801 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Yes, I saw that too, some airlines are going to do away with the seat back screens and if you don't own a laptop or tablet you can rent one from them for $30 !!!! Another money grab, they're hoping that parents will get these and shell out for the kids.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Air Canada Rouge doesn't have entertainment on seat back or overhead. Movies are only streamed to iPads. $5. You can rent one onboard. If you plan on using your own iPad you must download the AC app from iTunes prior to your trip.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Jack, if you are flying Air Canada Rouge according to your itinerary, these planes no longer have the screens on the backs of the seats. You can pay to download an app that will provide the movies etc., on your tablet, ipad etc. I apologize for not remembering all the details, but they are on the AC website. They do have few for rent as deb says, but apparently they go quickly.

If your flight is still the "regular" Air Canada plane, they still have the screens with the free movies. This is what we had the last time. We're hoping, and I keep checking, that our flight will remain AC and not AC Rouge or we'll be off to buy a tablet of some sort, and be downloading movies - hubby is a nervous flyer and needs the distraction, lol.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

This is what you need to download prior to airport arrival.

https:/…entertainment.html

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

I found out on my travels last March that Air Canada has 2 aircraft (and lucky me had one for my destination flight..and the other for my return, ugh ) that are "old school" No seat back tv's, just the ones that pop down from the ceiling that you can barely see. Luckily I had my tablet as the movies were very family friendly and not anything very appealing.

I should mention this was on a Mexico run, however you never really know exactly which aircraft you will have for your flight. (repairs, delays, re-routing)

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Looks like it is a Rouge flight. We both have tablets but they aren't ipads. Does this mean that we can't download the app?

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada in Flight Entertainment

Jack, according to the website, it says they're "working on" having the service available for androids. You may want to just download movies etc from home...?