We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico or Dominican

perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico or Dominican

Been to mexico for last 2 years love it but Dominican is looking interesting have been but was 18 years ago so I'm needing advice ,, 2 couples 40 s good beaches evening entertainment can any one help ahhhhhhh it's driving me nuts

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Lots of resorts in PC. You might have to give more info for someone to point you in the right direction. Things like adults only or not, luxury or tropical, big or small resort, ala cartes, etc, etc,

Budget as well.

perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Hi sorry I was short and sweet , was heading out to work , looking for an adult only nothing to formal want to enjoy beach good food and some evening entertainment , relaxed atmosphere and somewhere we can do a couple of day trips to get out and about , paid 2500 sterling last year for 2 weeks iberostar tucan so roughly the same , thankyou

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,969 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Assuming that price was for the room for two people (not including flight), and that you`ll be going in July, here are some resorts that are adult only (or have adult only sections) that would be within that budget (according to Expedia.co.uk) (sorted from highest to lowest in star rating on Expedia):

Excellence Punta Cana

Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Punta Cana Princess

Majestic Elegance (Club)

Majestic Colonial (Club)

Barcelo Bavaro Beach

Mark

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico or Dominican

My wife and I really like Excellence for adults only and prefer either Playa Mujeres or Riviera Cancun in Mexico to their resort in Punta Cana. Without question Dominican has much nicer beaches though. We just went to Iberostar Bavaro and although not adults only had a great time.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 16:51
perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Thanks mark no price for full package , I was watching it like a hawk , will look up these thanks

Las Galeras...
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico or Dominican

You might want to consider Cayo Levantado or El Portillo on the Samana Peninsular.

perthshire uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Checked these out but sadly no flight from Glasgow doing it from Manchester just adds money and extra days on but a huge thanks for reply , dawn

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Maybe list the resorts from Glasgow that come into your price range so people can comment on them? Many TA members have been to multiple resorts so someone definitely can assist you.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,680 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Cayo Levantado is more than 2.5k for 2 weks from the UK. Nearer to 3k..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,015 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexico or Dominican

Hi

If you give the likes of Caribbean Warehouse a call they will be able to tell you which resorts will fit with your budget

caribbeanwarehouse.co.uk/country/dominican/

We have used them for all our trips since 2007

We have been to both destination several times and will be going to both again this year. Overall we prefer Mexico as we find there is more choice of suitable resorts for us and the food is generally better