We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Dominicana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
4 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Dominicana

Hello,

These forums are fabulous! We are headed to the iberostar dominicana in a few weeks, two adults and no kids. Any advice from a seasoned traveler is welcome. Our main goal is total relaxation and a smooth trip with cocktails. Any advice on requesting a room on a certain floor, best ways to get a strong drink, restaurant recommendations? Can we get away without dress up clothes? How early do we have to get out to grab palapas?

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Dominicana

Just returned from IPC - shared resort, all facilities. No towel game. Lots of chairs at 8-9 AM, beach and pool. Lots of palapas on the beach. The premium drinks and alcohol will be found mostly at the lobby bars. We enjoy the buffet rather than being tied down to a reservation time, but reservation hours go long, so just stop at the lobby desk when no one is waiting, easy reservations. The Gourmet-LaSibila, on Thursday nights, do the "Special Romantic Dinner." Fixed menu, Elegant service, roses for the ladies. Gentlemen, long pants please. Long pants required for specialty restaurants. Don't drink the "Brahma" beer in mini bar. Yuck. Everything is close, no matter where room is. Nice, grilled lobster many afternoons at beach patio.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Dominicana

This is great info thanks Kathryn. We're going in September for the first time........ Been to Iberostar's in Europe and always enjoy the experience.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Dominicana

want a strong drink, ask for more alcohol or a double,,, they are happy to oblige.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Dominicana

My husband and I went to Iberostar Dominicans in November. We were not impressed by any of the specialty restaurants we went to so we just went to the buffet. What made the resort special are the great people that work there. The beach drink service was great. We were in the same area on the beach every day and got to know the waiters on the beach.....look for John....he is so much fun and you will get whatever you want in drinks. I take $100 in 1 dollar bills for tips...the people work so hard there and are always so pleasant. I think they deserve tips even though it is supposed to be included. As far as rooms...I would ask for anything but the ground floor. We were on the ground floor and had some problems with ants. It wasn't real bad but if you can I would avoid it. Most important.....go and have a great time!!!

5. Re: Iberostar Dominicana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:19