We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one adult, two kids...best resort?

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
one adult, two kids...best resort?

best resort for a single parent w two active kids, 10 and 6?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

I've been to a few resorts with my son (now 10) - Dreams Palm Beach, Melia Caribe Tropical and Iberostar Bavaro and went with just my husband to the Grand Palladium. They were all great, but my son liked the activities and kids club best at the Dreams. By the way, there are two Dreams resorts it PC - Dreams Palm Beach which is very close to the airport and the water is very strong and Dreams Punta Cana, which is a bit further from the airport and the water is more rough.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

Grand Palladium one child stays free

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

I think i've heard that Iberostar Bavaro has a water park, gran Bahia has one also but the beach is so crowded. Check out Melia also.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

The one child stays free option is also available at Dreams and Iberostar - not only the Palladium (probably other resorts do offer this). The Iberostar Bavaro does have a water park - certainly suitable for a 6 year old but a 10 year old might find it kindof young (my son was 9 and he found it a bit young for him).

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

I can't seem to get the Smile Deal that says no single supplement and kids stay and eat free...they just turn a child into an adult and then charge you for two adults and one child.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

Alexena - I would highly recommend Melia Caribe Tropical. They have a Flinstones play area for kids. One side is family friendly while the other is adults only. Beautiful resort. Many restaurant choices too

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

The Royalton Punta Cana has a large water park (shared with Memories Splash). We are heading in April. It started off opening a little rough in Dec., but the resort is getting great reviews now.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 01:30
st. louis, MO
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

ditto on the melia caribe tropical, our 8 -1/2 year loved it. We even used 1 of the girls in the evening for a bit of adult time. - they were wonderful!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

Does anyone know if the resort has ceramics that the kids ( or adults if they wish ) can paint? Looking at booking either Dreams or Royalton!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: one adult, two kids...best resort?

Could be the time of year I was looking, but never could find a resort in PC that offered the child-free promo with only one paying adult - it's usually based on a double (adult) occupancy (per room).

If you don't have your heart set on PC, try Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I know they have times throughout the year where they will honor that promo for single parents. The posters on that forum may know of some others too.

We took our 3 kids there in 2012 and enjoyed ourselves. I've been to better, but it was decent.

We're sort of going thru the same thing right now - we're 2 adults, 4 kids, so we have to purchase two rooms. And we have to have 1 adult in each room (at least on the booking), but that doesn't count towards the promo - it's 2 adults per room. Bummer. I understand your frustration.

Good luck with your search and let us know if you find something - that would be very helpful to those looking for the same and could use the search feature for info and pull up your post.