We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

I will help where I can....

murillo
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

What up ...? how was it ...

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

It was great. Many advantages, a few things need improvement, a few things I found needed improvement are in the works to be fixed, so at least the resort is active in its forward progression. I have your rum answer...the last 3 on the list they have in royal service....the 1888 the gran anejo brugal and imperial barcelo. And maybe another one. It was a bit hard to get answers no one we spoke to had a clear answer. As you will be in royal service you can ask your butler or bar manager for the one you like and they will do everything they can within reason to make your experience excellent.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Gracias mi amiga ... usted necito habla espanole mejor ... solo veinte e dos mas dias ahora...lol .... mmmm 2 rums i want to try before i bring a couple home . what did they think of your eye brows and glasses... :-)

Edited: 27 January 2014, 14:14
Toronto
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Any problem getting decent seating by the pool or beach?

How was the temperature of the pools ?

We are staying in the Reserve section mid March.

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Bomberro

It is the nose that scared them!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
132 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Thank you for answering my other post about restaurant reservations. I'm a little concerned about activities for my boys - they are 16, 14, and 11. They love a beach vacation - they'll swim a bit, lounge a bit, eat a lot! - but then they will be looking for something else to do. What kinds of activities does the hotel offer? And, is it mostly younger kids, or were there teens as well? Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Betting

For decent seating at the pool it depended firstly whether you were Royal Service , reserve or regular....RS and reserve have the Reserve pool to use and I did not go try it once so I don't know. RS guests have a private pool at the beach end very near main pool. Most of those loungers are shaded huts and bed loungers were reserved on most early mornings. As a regular guest, the pool had a ton of natural shade so it would take a really lucky first try to hit the one with the most sun, but overall, the pool always had some place to lounge. The main part of the beach, the towel game started at 7 am and was in full swing by 7:15. If you want to lounge near beach bar or be on a Bali bed be prepared to be there before 7. Royal service have their own section of the beach and it was not hard getting a palapa, nor at the reserve section of the beach.

The pools were nice, refreshing. Nothing worse than a warm pool. Not cold. I cannot comment on the reserve pool, I did not use it.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Soccer

There were not many kids at all, must be the time of year. I saw 6 and 7 year olds, not many teens. I am sure it was the time of year. You can borrow boogie boards at the aquatics hut beside the reserve beach. 20$ deposit required. There is euro bungee for 5$, a batting cage, archery, rock climbing. The waves are fun to keep busy in. Don't worry. The activity crew had volleyball, basketball, there is tennis and paddleball, there are bicycles you can reserve a day ahead of when you want them, to use around the resort for 3 days then renew for another 3 days. There are multiple stands throughout the property to lock them up at. In fact the one at the reserve beach section was always empty, parking always available. There is spinning in the pool etc....lots to do if you want to. I didn't want to. The gym is quite large and well equipped also.

If your kids want to eat a lot of the usual burgers and fries, pizza etc tell them to go to the back of the main pool pool bar, I only noticed it on day 4, it is a sit down snack bar. Stuff there hits the spot. The buffets are beach end if they want pasta rice etc. Reserve is furthest from beach end

Edited: 27 January 2014, 16:11
murillo
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Did it put a smile on your face...? tell me what it's like to have a warm sun beam hitting you ... tell me it's still warm somewhere...lol ... Was it better of as good as your last resort....

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana...Questions

Royal Service and Family Con. At reserve.

I know that the Royal Service guests have access to everywhere.

When we stayed at the Paradisus in Playa Del Carmen, the adults staying/paying for the Family Con. Section could use the Royal Service section, as long as they were over 18.

Any idea if it is similar?

Thx