We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

My wife and I are looking forward to lots of walking adventures, via the beach and/or streets around the resort, and I am wondering what we can expect to see?

This is our first trip to PC, and we've already penciled in excursions to Samana Bay (to see the whales and that beautiful waterfall), the catamaran trip to feed the sharks and enjoy the starfish, a banana boat ride, and anything else that may tickle our fancy while there. That's why we'd love to know of some things we can get to by foot, so we can keep penciling in things.

Love this site, and the friendly people who make it a joy to imagine how your vacation just might play out. I look forward to sharing our experience upon our return to the frigid cold of New Hampshire, but for now, my thoughts are of a warm and sunny Groundhog Day, watching the Superbowl (and Groundhog Day on dvd, of course) with drink(s) in hand and a comfy pair of shorts.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Walking the beach is always nice. Take a left and go see that other resorts (Turn around once you hit the Hard Rock) Turn right and there are a bunch more resorts, and eventually you will hit some small shops right on the beach. Touristy stuff.

There are some shops you can get to out the front gate, but the general opinion is that they are not worth it. I have not been myself, but have read that you get hassled a lot and they sell the same touristy stuff that they have at the resort and airport.

Manchester, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Thanks, Matt, that sounds great!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Not much in that area.

If on the beach you walk to the right... You will pass an empty lot, then it's the Bahia resorts. After the Bahia resorts there is Kukua Beach Club which some have mentioned they got massages for cheap prices right on the beach.

Continue walking and your at the Riu resorts. In between the Riu resorts is Caribbean Street

puntacanatv.com/…more-6981

If you continue walking the beach past the Riu resorts then your at the Iberostar resorts. After those resorts your at a beach market.

You can catch a taxi boat to drive you back to your resort.

Here is an interactive map, move your mouse along the beach so you get an idea of what is mentioned above.

wikimapia.org/…b

-----

Many opt to walk around the town in the El Cortecito area.. Take a taxi from Majestic to Steve's bar..If the taxi does not know where it is tell them it's just before the road to Mangu Nightclub.

In that area there is plenty of shops, Plaza Bavaro, some restaurants, etc. From Majestic should be around a 10 minute taxi and around 15$.

Here is a map of that area to give you an idea of what is around there.

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

----

Further down from Steve's on the map above it would be at the very bottom. You will see Jellyfish restaurant. Many like to have a meal there on the beach.. If you wanted you could go have lunch there... Then very close from that is Palma Real Mall (expensive) but you could look around theres also a Hard Rock Cafe there and a few other restaurants.

Once that is done a short ride up to Steve's area to walk around the shops and stuff there... Then end your day out with a few drinks at Steve's before going back to your resort.

--------------------

There is also a store called La Reina that offers free transport from your resort. All details on link below

http://www.cigarsjewlerypuntacana.com/

Manchester, New...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Wow! Now there's a full plate of information to digest! Thank you much, Big Jim, this will go a long ways in helping us make the most of our vacation. Really appreciate it.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Lol, yeah Jim is one of the few that knows all there is to know about PC. He's a huge help, to many, on here.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

Thanks for your kind words Matt, Have a great day!

7. Re: On foot, is there lots to see (and do) at Majestic Elegance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19