We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist card; leaving from Canada

Montreal, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Tourist card; leaving from Canada

Hello, we are leaving from Canada but are travelling with United (American airline). We bought our packages through Orbitz. Do we need to purchase the tourist card or is it included in our package? I have read on this forum that departures from Canada have the tourist card included; however what bugs me is that we are travelling with United. It's just that we are travelling with a baby and I would like to avoid the line ups at the airport by purchasing it beforehand. Also do we need a separate tourist card for our baby (6 months)? Thank you!

Stayhappyrd
Sightseeing Tours
Punta Cana Mike's Private Dominican Adventure
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
CultourAll
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
MINItoursDR
Sightseeing Tours
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,690 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist card; leaving from Canada

Is your original flight from Canada with United or are you connecting to United?

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist card; leaving from Canada

My daughter and I are Canadians leaving from Detroit and flying with AirTran. We need to purchase a tourist card. Call the Orbitz toll free number and they may be able to clarify things for you.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist card; leaving from Canada

@Marinka,

You will have to purchase the tourist card online or pay when you arrive at the PUJ airport... It doesn't matter that your leaving from Canada it goes by the airline.

Plus United doesn't fly direct from Montreal, I presume you have a connecting flight in ERW (Newark). Most likely the majority of the people on your flight will be in line purchasing the card in PUJ so yes it's best you purchase online to skip the line at the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
4. Re: Tourist card; leaving from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 07:18