We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus
Level Contributor
165 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

I am booked at Alsol Del Mar for a week in March, and I've seen several reviews mention rooms not being available when they show up! I am getting super nervous that that will happen to us, especially since the hotel is 100% booked the week we will be there. I have a confirmation number and I'd love to be able to call and confirm my reservation, but I've had bad experiences contacting them by phone. I guess I will try to confirm by email before we go. I can't believe they are running a hotel that way, it seems like such a bad way to do business. I am excited for my trip but I feel like my nerves won't be fully calmed until we get there and are able to check in.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,673 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Hi

I would agree that some of the reviews have been mixed

The property has only been open for a few weeks so far under the new management group and it does seem they have had some teething problem. Having said that they also have some great reviews

"I have a confirmation number and I'd love to be able to call and confirm my reservation, but I've had bad experiences contacting them by phone"

I would certainly e_mail them to try and put your mind at rest

You see many reviews where people complain about rooms not being available when they arrive but these are mostly because they arrive before the check in time of 15.00. The latest review does mention being moved to their sister resort which is not good at all

We have booked to go to both AlSol del Sol & AlSol Luxury Village in the Autumn as part of multi-resort trip and at this stage have no qualms about it

As I say I would e_mail them

If you need a contact e_mail please send me a PM

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Yikes, abbalish. I agree with you, some of the recent reviews are more than a little worrisome.

I'm particularly bothered by fact that one recent visitor listed 14 amenities that were supposed to be included and broke it down as: 3 Yes, 2 Maybe, and 9 big fat No.

Some reviewers don't describe management in glowing terms either.

Do you still have the option of changing to another resort?

Columbus
Level Contributor
165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Unfortunately, I don't. I purchased a Groupon deal for a 7-night stay, and I'm sure it would be a nightmare to try and get a refund. At the time of purchase, in December, the reviews were few but glowing. I am pleased with the price I paid so as long as there's a place for me to sleep and food to eat, I'll be fine. It's just that I don't feel confident those small requirements will be met with their management issues!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

I feel for you. We all want to be super excited about going on holidays. I hope you don't end up overly disappointed.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,673 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Just remember March is still several weeks away just now

When Breathless first opened they had some terrible reviews as well and all worked out well in the end for many guests after the initial opening period

As I have said contact the resort now and trying and get some reassurances as this will give you more power to your elbow if things are now right when you arrive

They do have two sister properties

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

I really hope you don't get switched to another property!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Abbalish,

I believe Groupon's refund policy is supposed to be excellent. If you have serious concerns, and can't get anyone to confirm your reservation or are worried over very bad reports about the resort's functioning, I believe you may be able to get relief from Groupon and possibly even book somewhere else. I'd contact their customer service and see what your options are. Groupon deals are great, but not if you fear a ruined vacation.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 21:58
America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Just checked Groupon's refund policy and it may not be that easy at this stage of the game:

http://www.groupon.com/groupon-promise

However, if your concerns are serious, it sounds like they may work with you. Alternatively, if your trip doesn't live up to expectations, they do have a satisfaction guaranteed policy, and you can get money back on the other end. Not as reassuring, but not the worst. Maybe you can contact Groupon and see what your options are if you cannot get a hold of Alsol.

Personally, I would go the email route because I would want a paper trail of interactions if anything goes wrong upon check-in. If you cannot reach them via any means, I can't imagine that Groupon wouldn't then work with you. You can also try the resort's Facebook. Nothing like social media to quicker attention when a place is not doing its job properly. I've never done so, but know others who have.

I hope you just get to take your trip without issues, but I'm sorry your having all these worries because Alsol isn't being responsive. I wouldn't want to get on the plane without something in writing if I had serious concerns about room availability.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 22:33
Columbus
Level Contributor
165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Thanks, guys. I did actually post on the Alsol Del Mar Facebook page earlier today but haven't heard anything. If in a couple of days they still haven't responded I will email them for reassurance. Luckily I do still have several weeks until my trip.

ReviewerMaryland, I am sure Groupon would work with me if push came to shove. Once a week has passed since your purchase, in theory the only way you can get a refund is if the dates you want are unavailable. But if I truly get hung out to dry, I am sure they'd be reasonable.

I do think Alsol Del Mar looks lovely and I really would like to stay there! Besides which, it was just $1400 for two people for 7 nights all-inclusive, including taxes and fees. I am sure I could book elsewhere if I needed to but I'd imagine I'd end up paying much more for a comparable property.

Thanks again for the words of advice - I appreciate it.

Columbus
Level Contributor
165 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nervous about Alsol Del Mar!

Just a quick update - I did email Alsol Del Mar, and the manager (Ms. Saskya Carrasco) responded my "booking will certainly be honored" and that I have their assurance on that regard. I know that wouldn't hold up in a court of law, but I do feel better having my booking confirmed in writing, if we do experience any issues. The last couple of reviews have been a bit better as well, so now all I need to do is make it through this cold month and get excited for my March vacation :-)