We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did I make a mistake?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Did I make a mistake?

I've booked the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana for my family - me, husband, and 3 boys, ages 16, 14, and 11 for spring break week in April. I made this decision rather quickly, which is so unlike me! I normally read and investigate ad nauseam before making final selection. I am now questioning my decision. First, while the Reserve ranks #3 on TA, the main resort is much lower - I think #43 - which concerns me. Second, we always like an ocean view from our room, and the Reserve section does not offer that at all, as it is set back pretty far away from the beach. Third, and I know this sound crazy, but my husband and boys always like to end the day in the hot tub, which I don't believe there are any of at PPC. Fourth, while the boys love a beach vacation - swim a little, lounge a little, and eat a lot! - after that they will be looking for something to do. Will there be enough activities to keep them interested? And finally fifth, PPC seems enormous and I may want a smaller property. Looking through the TA reviews, the NOW Larimar seems to be a better fit for us. Can someone who's been to either of these properties weigh in? Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Did I make a mistake?

Paradisus Punta Cana took a bit of a kicking in the rankings a while back, because of some sort of management changes going on. It's been a while since I've been there, but it's difficult for me to understand how it could be so low in the rankings. I thought it was quite nice.

Mark

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did I make a mistake?

It was very nice. I just got back. The reserve is far from the beach but the resort is not that terribly large...or it is set up well. There is the reserve express shuttle that travels along the path bringing royalty around. You will feel very special as a reserve guest. The activities are accessible and between the beach area and the reserve. The hot tub is in the spa building. The kids can reserve the resort bicycles to get around...reserve for 3 days the first morning you get there. They make you come back the next morning for your bikes. Make sure the kids don't miss the regular pool's pool grill for burgers fries and pizza, I missed it for 4 days. Food is everywhere, beach end buffets for everyone, and private buffet at reserve section. Try them all,

3. Re: Did I make a mistake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18