We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

Baltimore, Maryland
8 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

I'm getting married in August of this year and need to choose one of these resorts. I'm having around 30 guests. Can someone please share with me their thoughts regarding the resort, package and service they received? Thank you

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

I can not comment on the wedding packages but having stayed at both I would choose the Colonial hands down.

pittsburgh
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

hi curious to know why you would pick colonial we are going to DR and cant decide on the two. Have children 17,18,20,21 would the majestic be a fun place to go? will it have a lot of activities for them night club etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

Dreams and Majestic both about the same quality, lots to do. Also consider NOW Larimar, nice resort, good beach water activities. Of the 3, DPC would have the smaller choice of water activity.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

at DPC the beach/water is terrible!! rough, dirty not even swimmable really. pool is huge but its only 3' deep everywhere. we were just there and we wont be going back. they also have some real pushy "timeshare" folks. they don't call it that but that's what it is!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

Stayed at both.Majestic much better!

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

Have stayed at both and would say the quality of most things are better at Majestic - bigger rooms as standard too.

Baltimore, Maryland
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

Thank you everyone. We chose a different resort Dreams Palm Beach:):)

Mentioned in this post
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Dreams Palm Beach Punta...
11,165 Reviews
Dominican Republic
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

We've also been to Palm Beach and enjoyed that as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! If you look at my reviews I have pictures posted.

9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana vs Majestic Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:19