We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoetry

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Zoetry

Just posted my review. i thought the resort was better than before. some differences but some better things.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoetry

Yes I read it and it is well written.

Just makes one want to go tomorrow.

Thanks

Edited: 05 February 2014, 14:34
Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoetry

Great to hear! We are excited for April.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoetry

Hi bbgamer.

Great review. I stayed at Zoetry for 3 days in January and am returning for a week in 2 weeks. You seem pretty experienced with Zoetry so some questions.

a) I stayed in second floor room, old part. Was perfect, very quiet. I walked around I day and the A/C units on the back of the "new" buildings seemed very loud. Did you have any noise issues?

b) I did not see any shuttle to DPC but I was not really looking. Do you have to request this? Would be a great diversion since evenings can be pretty (too) quiet.

c) Has Zoetry ever offered breakfast at the Indigo (beachside) restaurant. I was not really impressed with eating breakfast at either of the 2 stuck in the middle of the property.

Thanks

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoetry

Had no problem with A/C being loud.

They have a shuttle a few days to DPC and it is listed in the newsletter delivered at night. We like eating in Amalya by the pond.

Breakfast just in the 2 restaurants. Many, many people have room service for breakfast. It was delivered in about 20 to 25 mins. and was hot!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoetry

Sounds wonderful. Excellent and informative review. Too bad its not the same price as DPC LOL. Wish I had more money.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoetry

Yes, excellent review with many great details - gives a good perspective for newcomers, and informative comparisons for those returning - can't wait! Only 158 sleeps to go, lol :)

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoetry

We are going to be at Zoetry April 19t to 26 and have booked a Junior Suite Agua Ocean Suite.

Can someone tell me where those room are located?

Do you know if we can ask for a bottle of Johnny Walker Black in the room ?

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoetry

Did you happen to meet Franklin who serves in the Oleana restaurant? He was amazing and has such a great personality.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoetry

Andronal, that sounds like a new room category. We are booked for a Junior Suite Agua King - when were there last, these were the swim-ups along the serpentine pool on the old side. There were two blocks of them - one closer to lobby and one closer to Indigo restaurant/main pool/beach - there really wasn't a view of the ocean from these room. It COULD be by the title you give, that these are swim-ups on the new side? Or simply ocean view on the new side? Did it stay what floor? As far as I know, anything with "agua" in the room category was a swim-up on the ground floor. bbgamer would know more, but with "ocean" in the title, maybe some of the new swim-ups have an ocean view???? Hard to say, but you've got me curious now too, lol.

As far as liquor, we had a small bottle of Brugal rum in the room as a welcome gift, but no others. The mini fridge had beer, pop and juice and while they are restocked, you can request more of whatever. We left a tip in an envelope with a note requesting more of what we liked - never a problem. Not sure about requesting a whole bottle of anything except champagne.

I so hope you enjoy your stay :)

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zoetry

Great review. I'm 10 days away from my trip. Any drinks you can recommend? Do you remember what the brand of "champagne" was? I jotted down the foods you enjoyed, since I'll be writing a food piece while I'm there. You said the chef was "Michelin". Did you get a chance to meet him?