We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the weather in October too iffy?

harrisburg pa
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Is the weather in October too iffy?

I'm thinking about a visit to Punta Cana in October.

Is that Really a bad time considering it is Hurricane season, or should I just go for it??

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

Anytime between June and Oct/Nov you chance the risk of a hurricane. That said, I was in Punta Cana in November and I experienced was an afternoon sun shower a few days. I have been to Puerto Rico in mid-October and the weather was fine.

I think off-season travel is definitely worth the money savings.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

A week this past October and only had about a 5 minute drizzle during one of the days. Some rain at night while we slept, but clear and sunny 99% of the time!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,458 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

How lucky are you feeling?

How much do all sunshiny beach days mean to you, or can you enjoy a few rainy days in a nice resort?

We went in October once and it rained every night, a couple times making it near impossible to get to dinner, two significant storms that I recall, the kind that keep you up at night. But most of the days were fine, we enjoyed the beach, only had to seek shelter a few days, and the rain was not ALL day long, a couple days were sort of a rain out, the rest were fine.

That said, weather is a changing thing, and our climate patterns are changing as well. So what happened last year in October or any other year in October might be very different from October 2014.

Like I said, how lucky do you feel? :-)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

We have gone to Punta Cana in October for the last 15 years. The weather has been great every time except once when it rained in the morning one day. However it is hurricane season and anything can happen

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,344 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

Been often in October and November. Always beautiful. Plus the lower prices. It may rain a little in October, or January, or July. Just as chancy as anywhere. It's just starting to get cold in Pa. It will be wonderful in PC.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

The times we have been in Punta Cana in October the weather has been great. You might get a little shower during the day but doesn't seem to last long. You still are in the hurricane season so there always is a chance for rain. Go and enjoy!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

Stay away !!! danger danger Will Robinson... if people find out Oct is a good month to travel prices rise. Yes you do take a chance of hurricanes /storms, but price is great. We went one year on had a tropical storm fly by and soak us for 2 days./

8. Re: Is the weather in October too iffy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:31