We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PC princess resort

NJ
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
PC princess resort

Is there a restaurant at PCP that serves lobster free of charge?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PC princess resort

Yes, it is the seafood restaurant at the beach end....the name I forgot. We had it on gala night at the buffet also.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PC princess resort

hello - we are going to bavaro princess march 5th - platinum. can you recommend, if you can, any restaurants to book at one of the sister hotels. we have never done this and we are thinking of doing it this time. thanks

Edited: 08 February 2014, 14:29
NJ
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PC princess resort

Thanks, dropusaline. So you can get lobster any night at the seafood restaurant? Also, what is gala night? I thought it was a holiday like Christmas or New Years eve, or is it a weekly thing?

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PC princess resort

Hmmm. We were there in November and there was an upcharge for lobster at Mare Nostrom. Big sign as you walk in. They wanted advance notice to have it.

sudbury
Level Contributor
632 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PC princess resort

Watters98. I would recommend La Cava at the Caribe Club Princsess!

Fredericton, NB
Level Contributor
292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: PC princess resort

In regards to Lobster -- the lobster served at PCP or most places in Punta Cana (at least when I was last there) is not what you normally get in New England or Atlantic Canada. In Punta Cana many places serve a warm water lobster as opposed to the cold water species we are used to in the North East.

Not bad, just different, and no claws to speak of.

If I paid an upcharge for it I would have been disappointed, but then, when it comes to shell fish I guess I have been spoiled!

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PC princess resort

Living in Rhode Island, we have lobster often. We also have had it in many countries, with varying species. The lobster, we paid for, at both La Cava and El Pescador was delicious. Two HUGE lobster tails each time. Worth the cost. Although, we did like La Cava better overall than El Pescador. I am not a smoker and this is considered an open air restaurant, so it is allowed. The place looked dirty, too, not impressed. FYI, smoking is allowed in Mare Nostrom, too.

8. Re: PC princess resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17