We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music at Excellence

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
42 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Live music at Excellence

Can any one tell us if they have live bands/music outside in the evening. We usually go to Excellence Riviera and loved listening to the music before diner, usually started at 6.30pm. We are travelling EPC on the 17th May.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music at Excellence

Yes they do but usually the pre-dinner music is normally inside at the Martini Bar

Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music at Excellence

We were their for our third trip about two and a half years ago. Yes they do have live bands. They also have domingo a sax player a few nights a week. He is fantastic we bought his cd. I think he is still their hopefully

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live music at Excellence

Nice thing about Excellence is that they change things up so you do not have the same thing every night. They have either the sax player or a small duo playing at martini bar each evening around dinner. They also have a band that plays in a small covered stage located at the back of the theatre, facing the plaza. I have on occasion heard them playing before the show (always starts at 9:30) and generally after the show. So there is usually something playing somewhere!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live music at Excellence

The live bands play on a covered stage that faces both out onto the courtyard at Cafe Kare, and into the theatre / lobby. Unlike the Excellence Riviera, the lobby and Martini Bar are open air, and close to the beach. There's a little stage by the Martini Bar where Domingo plays the sax, and sometimes they'll have a small band late in the evening.

Mark

Lancaster, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live music at Excellence

I never heard live music before dinner but we were usually the last ones out of the pool, so we did not make it to dinner until much later. Can you tell me Excellence Riviera? We loved Excellence Punta Cana so much that we are looking at going to one of the Excellence in Mexico. I am liking the Riviera more then Cancun. The main reason it appears there are more ocean view rooms in Riviera then Cancun. Would love to hear your take.

You will love EPC - The resort is gorgeous. The drive from the airport takes over an hour but it worth it.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live music at Excellence

We love sitting at the Martini Bar at EPC and listening to Domingo playing his sax. We have also been to ERC and much prefer EPC because of the layout of the resort and the open air Martini Bar. 19 days and counting.

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
42 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live music at Excellence

Thanks for your reply so swiftly. we went to Riviera twice last year and feel it is getting a little tired, needs some tender loving care, don't get me wrong it is still good but the chairs and décor round the resort need replacing, also if you are not in the excellence club the beach loungers and service is lousy. Have been there 6 times and the staff are wonderful but food disappointing the last time we visited, looks as though they are cutting a few corners hence our reason for trying out EPC this time. Hope this helps. I am a smoker and wonder if you can smoke anywhere in the resort at EPC? x

Edited: 10 February 2014, 12:50
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live music at Excellence

I prefer EPC to ERC, but that's just personal preference. Like JackTarlover, I like the layout and the open air lobby / Martini Bar. I've also found the service around the pool and beach to be better, and I just like the tropical vibe.

MANUFORTE,

You can smoke anywhere that's open air, but not indoors. The lobby is open air, and the Martini Bar is in the lobby. At EPC, the lobby is all on one floor, and it's close to the beach. There are three bars servicing the beach, spaced nicely along the beach, so you're never far from a bar. Two of these service the lazy river pool, which runs along the edge of the beach, and there's also a separate bar for the cascade pool, which is set back from the beach.

Mark

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live music at Excellence

Smoking is widely accepted at EPC. We are smokers too and didn't like the layout of the Martini Bar at ERC because it is enclosed and no smoking. All of the bars are open air at EPC and they have smoking rooms too.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live music at Excellence

Sorry Jack, but smoking is NOT widely accepted at Excellence, just as it is not widely accepted in any civilized society. It is tolerated by the vast majority who do not smoke and in fact do not want to be anywhere near smokers. Hopefully, someday the resorts will ban smoking completely. It is a disgusting habit and you should be ashamed and embarrassed to be seen smoking in a public area, especially in and around the martini bar.