We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magestic Elegance - Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
13 posts
Save Topic
Magestic Elegance - Punta Cana

Going to the Magestic Elegance in Punta Cana this winter with wife and 3 kids, (17 boy, 15 girl and 13 girl). I see the layout and excursion lists but can anyone who has been there throw some tips my way about good experiences with activities on and off the resort (we will not be driving ourselves). Do I need reservations for certain restaurants? One of my daughters wants to go horseback riding...on the beach. Is that possible? I may try to get in some golf and I think I get a "free" round although I will need to rent clubs and a cart. Any and all tips appreciated.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magestic Elegance - Punta Cana

Hi Mark J, I can help you out on a couple of the questions you have about the Majestic Elegance.

Reservations are needed at the French restaurant and for a hibachi table at the Japanese (no reservation needed if you are just going for sushi) Long pants and closed toed shoes shoes are required for Men in the French and Italian restaurants.

Good idea about Not Driving, its worse than in Boston/NYC. Taxis are very easy to get. There are excursions that include horsies on the beach, but have never done it. Here are a few websites that offer it, and there are many more. You can probably book this when you get there. There is a an area in the upper lobby that has all of the excursion vendors, and travel-site agents. (ex.apple vacations rep/expedia rep)

http://puntacanatours.com/horseback-riding/

viator.com/tours/…

The greens fees for golf are complimnetary with some packagesm but you still have to pay for cart and club rental.

Bring a big Travel cup for you and the Mrs. (bartenders will fill up anything you bring them) and go with an open mind and realistic expectations. Its a great resort, and we are returning in 2 weeks.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magestic Elegance - Punta Cana

I suggest horseback riding at Rancho Caribeno. I've been more than once. You can book ahead of time or at the resort through any of several tour operators. They pick you up right at hotel in an open air truck and bring you back afterwards. The riding is a combination of on the beach and in palm tree woods, so neither you nor the horses get constant sun. The ranch is located across the street from and next to Excellence, so you get to see a different part of PC. The ride to and from is nice....you actually see some little mountains and some farms. Here's one link I found on line. There are many others. The horses are in good shape at this place. Most of the horses in PC are on the smaller side.

http://puntacananow.com/horseback-riding

3. Re: Magestic Elegance - Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:18