We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Higuey City on your own?

british columbia
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Higuey City on your own?

Mike doesn't have space on his tour, so wondering if I take a city bus to Higuey city

and walk around the centre of town for a few hours, would that give me a good feel

for the daily routines of the city and its residents? Or do you really miss too much

by not going on an organized tour?

Thanks, Chris.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Higuey City on your own?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k658858…

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Higuey City on your own?

If there's no space sure take a trip into Higuey. Walk around a bit, shop, have a bite to eat. This is a true local Dominican town. People will be friendly so sure, make a day of it. Sparky enjoyed it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Higuey City on your own?

IMO best seem that way. Main site is the cathedral, nearby oler church, market, shops. Etc. helps if you speak a bit of Spanish. Buy a beer in a colmado + a local newspaper such as listin diario to give you a good idea of dominican events and news. You may miss a visit to a local school but IMO those places are better left to education rather than tourist visits.

boston
Level Contributor
442 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Higuey City on your own?

eat at delecia for seafood or d'yeta (jitta) for mofongo

that is where my dominican peace corps boss always took me

dd

5. Re: Tour Higuey City on your own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18