We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Hi, we will be staying at this hotel in the castle swim out jr suite room. Would love to hear prior experiences on this resort. I'm not sure about the tipping expectations b/c this is all inclusive. I have read mixed reviews on this topic. Also, any scuba diving experiences and off resort trip experiences would be helpful. Thanks, Tim

Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Hi

We were their last November.This was our first time their. We had a beachfront walk out room. The resort is nice but very dated. We had issues with a foul smell from the toilet in our room constantly, (maybe it was something on the resort) phone did not work, had trouble getting coffee in our room everyday from room service. I did not care for the buffet as it was very small. The beach is okay. It is rocky and when we were their the water was murky maybe due to ocean currents. The food was good, The room was clean, easy to walk to most things. A little bit of entertainment no high end. The resort itself is very nice. Employees are kind but we noted a few had attitudes which we did not care for. Would I go back? Probably not as they really need to improve a lot of things. I did give them a good rating despite some setbacks . This resort does have potential though. It is a great place to unwind though. Enjoy!

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Thanks for the info. I read some posts that tipping is expected. Is this true? I haven't been to an all inclusive where tipping permitted.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,783 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

In our experience at SCC on three different occasions tips were appreciated but not expected and this goes for the majority of the other AI's we have stayed at as well

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Tipping is always welcome even at all-inclusive resorts. The Sanctuary is fabulous especially if you like a more quiet resort. The beach right next to the hotel (Juanillo Beach) is one of the best here!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Tipping is always welcome even at all-inclusive resorts. The Sanctuary is fabulous especially if you like a more quiet resort. The beach right next to the hotel (Juanillo Beach) is one of the best here!

There are plenty of off-property experiences available that you can do...everything from cultural safaris, catamaran cruises, snorkeling, scuba, zip lines, deep sea fishing, etc.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

all the Beach stretch from the Marina Inlet(north end of Cap Cana) down to the southern end of Cap Cana is Juanillo Beach, including the beach right at the Sanctuary. some rocks and coral formations can be found almost everywhere on Punta Cana Beaches, as the DR East in this area/PC is beachwise located at coral reefs, hence the nice shimmering colors etc.

Mike

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

Hi, thanks for the info. What scuba company would you recommend that is close to the resort?

8. Re: First time to DR, staying at Sanctuary Capcana :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:30