We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amstar

St. Louis, MO
7 posts
Save Topic
Amstar

I will be staying at the Majestic Elegance soon, booked thru Cheap Carribean.com. My transfers are thru AMSTAR DMC. How will I know that they are there for me. Will they have any signs that say my last name or hotel name?

Thanks in advance!

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amstar

If you did PRIVATE transportation which we did at only 21$ per person. (You already paid $10 each way with Cheap Caribbean) so its only $11 per person , then they will be holding a sign with your name.

If you didnt do private, you just have to ask and you will be hearded into vans with numerous others. Up to 15 people per van, dropping off at numerous resorts, sometimes taking up to 2 hours..

For the extra money, book it private.

Call AM Star directly speak to

Harlys Vasquez

Inside Sales

Dominican Republic

[T] +1 (809) 221 6626 ext. 3695

Edited: 12 February 2014, 19:38
St. Louis, MO
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amstar

I actually paid $20 per person already but I don't thinks its private :(

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amstar

Amstar is the Apple Vacations Reps, you can't miss their booth and coloured shirts, they present themselfs always well visible for their guests. i don't think they would hold a sign with the names of each of their daily countless guests, but they hold signs "Apple/Amstar" , you can't miss them.

have fun

MIke

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amstar

You paid 20 pp to cheap Caribbean 10$ each way.

You can upgrade to private and just pay the difference.

Trust me its worth it

St. Louis, MO
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amstar

Gotcha! Thanks for the info!!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amstar

I had a terrible experience with Amstar, the rep never showed up at the hotel, we called 8 times (big phone bill from the hotel) to confirm our pre paid transportation pick up, they either didn't answer or hang up on us, at the 9th call somebody finally took our call. Cheapcaribbean this guys from Amstar are making you look bad

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amstar

So we just found out a few minutes ago from our TA, that our transport will not be VIP this July, but Amstar.

As it is included as part of our package, I’m assuming a shared transfer, but curious about this upgrade to Private.

Joseph, or anyone who might know, because we will already be booked with them, is the upgrade payable on arrival, or must it be paid from home before we leave?

I can ask our agent, but thought I’d check here first…

Thanks! :)

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amstar

Call them directly, ask for Harley

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amstar

Ok, thanks :)

chicago,il
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Amstar

How is it that cheap? The rate from the airport to Dreams Palm Beach(which is super close) is $65 round trip for 2 adults and 1 baby and that's with my AM resorts vacation club discount. where are you guys finding these low prices?