We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

Has anyone been to either one of these resorts? Is there a big difference between the two? We are a family of 5 (kids ages 16-20) looking for an all inclusive. Also do we need to worry about getting sick from food or water?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

Water is fine if it is bottled or served on the resort (includes ice).

IB Dominicana and Punta Cana are actually one resort with two sides, doesn't matter which one you book, but for some reason one or the other often is listed at a lower price.

Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

I just returned from the Iberostar Dominicana and had a wonderful time. The Iberostar Dominicana and Punta Cana are essentially the same resort, each with their own lobby and their pools are beside each other. You have access to both properties sharing the same restaurants and beach and pool areas. I stayed in a junior suite which are located in bungalows, I'm not sure if the Punta Cana has junior suites. Food was great with lots of variety at all the buffets. Rooms are stocked with bottle water, beer and soft drinks, and the water served in restaurants is safe for drinking. I would definitely return to this resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,670 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

Just book which ever one is cheaper.

4. Re: iberostar dominicana or punta cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:21