We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Wellesley...
1 post
Save Topic
SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Hey all, bummer, just when we wanted to escape the snow. Any ideas on how to get there despite the snow? We're trying Manchester, NH and Providence, RI airports, but everything is booked for the next few days. I know the connecting flight from Atlanta to Punta Cana is still on. Looks like we'll have to cancel our vacation, I guess! Trans Air said next available flight is Friday (we were originally scheduled for Sunday --> Sunday, so that wouldn't be good). Trans Air also said they'd refund us, but we're not sure about Club Med yet. OK, so I'm trying to be positive (yippee, let's make more snowmen and snowangels), but it's not working. Ideas, anyone?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Had the same problem with our group Feb. 1st. Don't know if this will work but 13 of our group had to fly to Washington D.C., stay alnight, fly to Atlanta the next day & on to Punta Cana on Delta.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Good luck, just saw that thousands of flights are still cancelled.

Definitely disappointing.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Oh...noooo. That's the worst that could happen. Good luck. And hope you still get a vacation.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
111 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

We had the same problem, but when the airline called to let me know that our flight was cancelled, I pressed to find out how far south we had to go to get a flight to Punta Cana before Friday. We are now booked on a flight from Philadelphia on Monday morning. It's extra expense because we are renting a car to get to Philadelphia (so we can fly back to boston) and we need to get a hotel in Philadelphia for Sunday night, but at least we're only missing one vacation day. Good luck.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Good resolution Carol..

Smart thinking

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

Wow Carol, that's awful but at least you soldiered on and are going to still enjoy and make the most of your vacation.

Cheers, Debbie

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,592 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

I'd take the train to NYC and fly out of JFK or EWR direct to PUJ.

IF you're lucky you can catch the Acela. It will cost you approx $200 or more each but honestly......worth not losing your vacation. Jump on asap!

Good luck!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
754 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

We had that problem last year. We were supposed to fly from Boston, to JFK to PUJ. Storm hit. I had to fight with the Airline (Delta) to be able to drive to JFK (I can drive through more storm than they will fly in)and get on there. They wanted me to cancel the first flights and rebook. At a additional price of $900 for 3 of us! After going through numerous "supervisors", I finally got someone that made sense....

Last Delta flight for this family.

I hope you get out.

Massapequa, New York
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

My experiences with Delta have been great.

Last year they changed the departing flight by 27 minutes, I caught it and asked to change my flight for free and they allowed it..

Stayed a extra day in Bahia..

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
754 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SNOW! Boston flight for 2/16 cancelled! What to do?!

but think about how crazy their attempts with me were. All I was asking to do was not get on the first leg of my trip. Just get on the second. And they wanted to charge me an extra $300 per person not to fly!