We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic

I talked to a TA yesterday about a trip I am planning for me, my husband and 8 & 12 kids. She asked why I chose Punta Cana. It kind of made me stop and think...is PC a good place for kids. She wondered if we'd been to Mexico. For those of you who have traveled with kids to Mexico, PC or both what would you recommend.

Signed,

Indecisive

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

I think both are fine for kids.....not sure if your agent has ever been to PC but find it difficult to understand people who have never been that make assumptions.....

P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Only if you want them to have fun. Otherwise, pass on Punta Cana.

PC

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

The resort you choose affects the kind of experience they will have....

Much like a couples trip....

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

I have been to both places- Always brought the kids and they have loved each and every trip-

Boston...
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Punta Cana is an excellent choice for families traveling with children. The inquisitive side of me would want to question why he/she would second guess Punta Cana and try to sell another destination.

It seems like Aruba and Jamaica seem to be the islands of choice among the travelers in New England.....Mexico, too. I don't know if its misconceptions about the DR in general. My husband and I traveled to Punta Cana with our three daughters last summer and they absolutely loved it. They keep asking when we are going back. My in laws threatened to never speak to us and acted like we were going on some suicide mission by going there. If its a safety issue, there are other islands whose crime rate far surpasses that of the DR by a long shot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Can you recommend some hotels for kids?

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Can you recommend some hotels for kids?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Trip Advisor, Expedia etc etc are not travel agents; they are call centers. Doubt many agents have ever been on a plane.

DR is at least as safe as anywhere else. Tourism is #1 industry and keeping the tourists out of trouble is a big deal to them. Use common sense and you and your kids will be fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

Dreams Punta Cana, NOW Larimar, either Majestic. Hard Rock and Bahai but these places are just huge and so you will have hard time keeping track of the kids.

10. Re: Is Punta Cana a good place for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 07:17